* FanNickname: Due to its creator, its similarities to ''Series/TheHollywoodSquares'', and its set, fans typically refer to ''Battlestars'' as "The Hollywood Triangles".
* KeepCirculatingTheTapes: Although the series is intact, it has never been rerun in any fashion.
* PropRecycling: In a way- the ''Battlestars Two''/"picture round" bonus game was recycled from a previous Heatter-Quigley show, ''Series/HighRollers'' (also hosted by Alex Trebek), where it had been used as ''Face Lifters'' for that show's final couple of months in 1975-76--and it fit just as well there as it did here (i.e., not at all).
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: ''The New Battlestars'' kept losing clearance to local news. Instead of being moved, it was simply canned.
* UnCanceled: NBC killed the show in 1982, but brought it back in 1983 as ''The New Battlestars''.