* AccidentallyCorrectWriting: In "endurANTs", Olive creates a boomerang that ''doesn't'' come back ([[BrickJoke at least for a while]]). Some boomerangs (especially those used for hunting) aren't designed to come back.
** At the beginning of "Creative [=ConsultANT=]", Chyna comments on how tall Sequoia is. This is likely a reference to the HugeSchoolgirl jokes [=CeCe=] makes about Rocky on ''Series/ShakeItUp''.
** Angus dressing up as Zach Galifinakis in [=FANTasy=] Girl, as he played a miniture version of Alan in ''The Hangover Part II''.
** Vanessa Morgan plays Cameron's girlfriend [[TheDanza Vanessa]]. In one episode, Lexi tries to figure out why Vanessa would want to date Cameron and says "Maybe she's a vampire with a taste for human blood." Cameron responds, "No way, she babysits. [[Series/MyBabysittersAVampire Why would anyone hire a babysitter who's a vampire?"]]
*** In the same episode, Vanessa (the character) is from Canada. So is Vanessa Morgan herself.
** ''Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?'' in "America Needs [=TalANT=]" which featured Sierra [=McCormick=]
* BeamMeUpScotty: Olive dressed as former Queen of France Marie Antoinette in [=ContestANTs=] and challenged Lexi and Chyna to a contest in which the winner would get Olive on their group for a singing and dancing contest. To win Lexi and Chyna were put in a stocks while Olive threw cake at them and whoever caught more cake wins. To start to the competition Olive said "Let them eat cake" which MarieAntoinette is famous for saying in regards to the peasants not having any bread. However, the line was first said by Marie Theresa (an ancestor) nearly 100 years before MarieAntoinette was born. However, she was deep in TheTysonZone, so many people believed she was capable of saying that.
** Chyna sings in various episodes. Sometimes it's an actually performance, but most of the time it's a song written on the spot and plot-related, such as thinking of a song to cheer up Gibson, a student council campaign song, singing words to the Jack-in-the-box theme to explain a ZanyScheme during the Christmas Episode and singing about a soccerball on her webcam. The latter song is later rearranged and she performs the real song for a music executive in the same episode.
** Creator/StefanieScott, who also is a young up-and-coming singer/songwriter, finally got a chance to sing on the show, albeit a ridiculous song about being a donut.
* TheDanza: Chyna is played by China Anne [=McClain=]. [[MyNaymeIs One letter off]], but still counts.
** Creator/VanessaMorgan as Vanessa [=LaFontaine=] counts in the episodes in which she appears. Although she is first referred to as Jeanne in "[=FANTasy=] Girl" [[note]] Though as "Jeanne" she is [[spoiler:a figment of Cameron's imagination]].[[/note]]
** Laurin and Syerra from "[[GirlGroup Trifecta]]" in the same, one letter off but it still sounds the same variety as Chyna, using a "y" in place of an"i" or vice versa.
* DyeHard: Lexi mentioned in one episode that Paisley is a natural brunette.
** Ironically enough it actually applies to Stefanie Scott (Lexi) too.
* ImageSource: For LittleBoySeeksBigGirl.
* IronyAsSheIsCast: Allie [=DeBerry=] as the DumbBlonde Paisley is actually said to be very smart. Justified as actresses such a Creator/ReeseWitherspoon in ''Film/LegalliyBlonde'' and Creator/AmandaSeyfried in ''Film/MeanGirls'', as well as many others have proved in the past that it takes a smart actress to pull off the dumb blonde, especially considering [[PlayingAgainstType roles that the aforementioned actress has done in which they weren't a dumb blonde]]. In addition to that, she previously sang in a choir. And while she isn't said to be a bad singer, she is the only member of the cast who hasn't sang at all (Olive singing the Slovakian national anthem barely counts as singing) on a show with a lot of singing on it.
* RealLife/MeanCharacterNiceActor: Lexi and her actress, Stefanie Scott, fit this trope to a T. Likewise for Olive and Sierra [=McCormick=].
* NamesTheSame: [[Creator/StefanieScott Ste]]''f''anie Scott (Lexi) and Ste''ph''anie Scott, one of the assistant directors on the show. One has to wonder how awkward this gets.
** Also Creator/SierraMcCormick (Olive) and Sierra [=McClain=], China's real-life sister who also guest starred in "[=ChANTs=] of a Lifetime".
* OldShame: Subverted in-universe with Principal Skidmore's disco album entitled, ''Saturday Night Skidmore'' until she embraces it and dons the [[NauseaFuel exact outfit she wore for her album cover from over three decades ago.]]
** And like most people who have a [[OldShame shames of old]], she bought every copy in an effort to keep it underwraps.
* PlayingAgainstType: [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Grunwald Ernie Grunwald]], who usually plays meek characters like [[Series/TheSuiteLifeOfZackAndCody Mr. Forgess]], plays Zanko, a jerky artist who steals credit for Fletcher's painting in '[=FraudulANT=]'.
* TheWikiRule: [[http://antfarm.wikia.com Here you go]].
** [[FanPreferredCouple The Fletcher/Olive ship]] [[http://folive.wikia.com/wiki/Folive_Wiki gets its own wiki]], as does the [[http://flyna.wikia.com/wiki/Flyna_Wiki the Chyna/Fletcher ship.]]
* WriteWhatYouKnow: Done in-universe in the [=ANTagonist=] with Fletcher's web cartoon,''Antics''. The plot's involve Fletcher trying to impress Chyna and the annoying aspects of [[spoiler: Olive and Chyna, such as Olive's fact spouting and Chyna's spontaneously performances. He even had episodes that pretty accurately depicted unfortunate accidents that happened to Chyna and Olive during the episode.]]
* WriteWhoYouKnow: In Fletcher's above-mentioned cartoon, the Characters include, Sketcher, Asia, and Pimento,(for Fletcher, Chyna, and Olive respectively) drawn as ants, and Gibson drawn as a bee, due to his yellow and blue stiped shirts. Fletcher even [[spoiler: made fun of Olive's fact spouting and later how [[LampshadeHanging Chyna is always finding reasons]] [[IdolSinger to sing]].]]
** In "[=ChANTs=] of a Lifetime" the rest of the [=McClain=] sisters show up.
* YouLookFamiliar: Madam Goo Goo and Winter Maddox are the played by the same actress. Zibby Allen.