* ActorAllusion: One of the actors playing the autograph hounds (Rick Petruccelli) had a very small role in ''Film/TheGodfather''.
* AllStarCast: Go back to the main page and look at the poster.
* HeyItsThatGuy: Music/PaulSimon as Tony Lacey, Creator/ChristopherWalken as Annie's psychotic brother, Carol Kane as Alvy's old girlfriend, Shelley Duvall as the ''Rolling Stone'' reporter Alvy briefly dates, Jeff Goldblum as a guest at Clifton's party who forgot his mantra, and Truman Capote passes by the camera in one scene as Alvy calls him "[[YourCostumeNeedsWork the winner of the Truman Capote Look-alike Contest]]".
** Beverly D'Angelo appears in Rob's sitcom.
** John Glover plays Jerry, Annie's actor boyfriend who instructs her to "touch my heart...with your foot".
** Sigourney Weaver makes two blink-and-you'll-miss-her appearances, the first on the arm of a guy who tells Alvy that Annie is living with Tony Lacey, the second as Alvy's movie date toward the end.
* MagnumOpusDissonance: Though frequently regarded as one of Creator/WoodyAllen's best films, Allen himself doesn't think very highly of it, only being able to see how much it doesn't live up to what he really wanted it to be.
* ThrowItIn: The sneeze during the coke scene was unscripted, but left in because the result was so hilarious.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: This was originally written as a murder mystery named ''[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia Anhedonia]]''. The movie that we see is simply a romantic subplot that was secondary to the mystery. Allen's editor thought the main plot was so bad that he convinced Allen to cut it out entirely. The narration was then added in post-production, along with a few linking scenes. Many years later Allen would make ''Manhattan Murder Mystery'', a comedy starring him and Keaton that took some elements of the original ''Annie Hall'' mystery plot.
** Before ''that'', the film was intended to be a period comedy set in VictorianLondon.
** Marshall [=McLuhan=]'s cameo wasn't originally intended for [=McLuhan=]. Among Woody's first choices were Creator/FedericoFellini and [[Creator/LuisBunuel Luis Bu˝uel]].
** A deleted sequence had Alvy walking around New York at night with all the neon signs telling him to go see Annie in LA. He hated how the scene turned out so much that he threw the negative of it into a tar pit.
* WorkingTitle: Woody Allen originally wanted to call the film ''Anhedonia'', which is the technical term for the inability to enjoy anything. Also a fitting title, as it is the protagonist's key character trait.