* ApprovalOfGod: A theater group in Pennsylvania staged an all-black cast of the musical and incorporating the Black Lives Matter movement, citing that the lyrics deeply resonated with them. Billie Joe [[http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/arts/music/billie-joe-armstrong-revolution-radio-ordinary-world.html?_r=0 stated]] that he loved the re-interpretation.
* RecursiveAdaptation: The musical spawned a "Original Broadway Cast Recording" album, as is typical for musicals.
* TheOtherDarrin: Inverted in the musical when Billie Joe filled in for, and eventually replaced, Tony Vincent as St. Jimmy.
* SpecialGuest: Kathleen Hanna (of Music/BikiniKill and Le Tigre) sings the opening to "Letterbomb."
* UnintentionalPeriodPiece: The title track captures a lot of the despair many young left-wingers felt at the seeming invincibility of the Republicans and UsefulNotes/GeorgeWBush in the '00s.
** Though, considering the 2016 election of Creator/DonaldTrump, this album will likely [[ValuesResonance resonate]] with similarly-minded people again in the coming years.