* AllStarCast: Creator/TomCruise, Creator/JackNicholson, Creator/DemiMoore, Kiefer Sutherland, Creator/KevinBacon, and Christopher Guest. Cuba Gooding Jr., Kevin Pollak, and Noah Wyle are not this, since they weren't really known at the time, making it more a case of RetroactiveRecognition.
* BackedByThePentagon: Averted as this film wasn't.
* BeamMeUpScotty: The famous quote said on this page is often interpreted as simply just one line: "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" This is mostly due to the fact that it's usually just one person making the reference where accurately quoting it takes two people.
* PlayingAgainstType: J.T. Walsh was well known for playing slimy shady characters. Here he plays an upstanding, ethical (if spineless) military officer.
* ProductionPosse: This marked Josh Malina's first time working on something Creator/AaronSorkin wrote; he plays Tom, Jessup's secretary.
* This movie spawned a trope -- YouCantHandleTheParody, after the most famous line in the film.
* The American Film Institute voted [[AFIS100Years100MovieQuotes "You can't handle the truth!"]] as #29 for greatest quotes of the century. The movie itself came in at [[AFIS10Top10 #5 on the top ten list for Courtroom Dramas]].