''Major Barbara'' is a play by Creator/GeorgeBernardShaw from 1905. It's about Barbara Undershaft, major of the Salvation Army (did you think they're called army for nothing?) who's in a moral conflict: Should she accept money from her estranged father, a producer of arms, or not?
The other members of the family: Lady Britomart, head of the family, which has fallen in hard times; Sarah, Barbara's sister; Charles Lomax, Sarah's husband; Adolphus Cusins, Barbara's significant other, a teacher for Greek; and Stephen, Barbara's brother.
* ArmsDealer: Andrew Undershaft.
* CatchPhrase: "Oh I say!" for Charles Lomax
* EmbarrassingNickname: Cholly and Dolly for Charles [Lomax] and Adolphus [Cusins]
* FunetikAksent: Price and Rummy, and other poor people.
* GrandeDame: Lady Britomart.
* MommasBoy: Stephen. After having met his father, he finally stands up.
* TheNicknamer: Undershaft calls Cusins "Euripides". Cusins counters by calling Undershaft "Machiavelli".
* TakeThat: Undershaft saying "He [Stephen] knows nothing; and he thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career."
* TwentyMinutesIntoTheFuture: Although set in 1906, a year after it was written, Undershaft mentions the military success of his "aerial battleships" despite the fact that very few zeppelins were operational at the time and the first bombing by one was not conducted until 1914.