-->''There is a frog,''\\
''There is a toad,''\\
''And he lives just down the road.''
''A Year With Frog and Toad'' is a children's musical, based on the ''Literature/FrogAndToad'' book series for young readers by Arnold Lobel. Both the series and the musical revolve around [[HeterosexualLifePartners two best friends]] named Frog and Toad, who spend their time together drinking tea, taking walks, baking cookies, going swimming, and generally being best friends.
Frog is the more cheerful and upbeat of the two friends, whereas Toad is generally grumpy and very easily discouraged. Their adventures are accompanied by several other forest creatures (usually played by the [[ActingForTwo same three actors]]).
!!Tropes found in this musical include:
* AllJustADream: Hinted at during Frog and Toad's second shared dream, when they recall episodes from the show as being other dreams they've had. However, a more likely explanation is that in their hibernation state, Frog and Toad tend to get dreams and reality confused.
* BigDamnHeroes: Subverted in "Toad to the Rescue"
-->''There is a frog, a large and terrible frog\\
He is terribly large and largely terrible!\\
He's mean! And awful!\\
And awful mean!''
* BrickJoke: Snail is carrying a letter, a most important letter.
* FundamentallyFunnyFruit: One song contains the line "Bananas are the funniest fruit."
* JerkAss: The Birds quickly approach this at the top of Act 2 in "Kite," with their nigh-on merciless berating of Toad's and Frog's ability to fly their kite.
* ObsessedAreTheListmakers: Toad.
** The Snail with the Mail.
** Toad's broken clock.