* Hercules anguished cry when he sees that Meg's been crushed after pushing him out of the way of a falling column. Sadly the mood does ''not'' improve as Herc gets his powers back and gets it off her.
--> '''Meg''': Hades deal is broken, he promised I wouldn't get hurt.
* Meg's death. You get a lot of focus on her dying in pain with Phil beside her - and adults will realize she must be in ''agony.'' And then Herc's rushing back to try and see her before she dies (even though there's not a whole lot he could've done), while the Fates prepare to snip her thread. And she ''doesn't'' die in his arms. She dies and she doesn't even get to see him. And Herc arrives to see her lying there clearly dead, and pale, and limp. Herc holds her and starts sobbing manly tears, and she's just lying limp in his arms. You hardly ever see somebody actually dead ''on screen'' in anything below a PG-13. But here you're given a good thirty seconds to take in this heart-wrenching moment. You must cry. You ''must.''
* Zeus and Hera losing Hercules. You're not given as much time to feel bad thanks to happy adoptive parents and Pain and Panic getting the crap beaten out of them, but it's still pretty sad.
* The first part of Herc's number "Go The Distance," where he sings about how he feels like he doesn't belong. For anyone who [[AllOfTheOtherReindeer was a loner as a teenager]], it's entirely too relateable.
* This exchange
--> '''Hercules:''' When I was a kid, I'd have given anything to be just like everybody else
-->'''[[BrokenBird Meg:]]''' You wanted to be petty and dishonest?
-->'''Hercules:''' Everyone's not like that
-->'''Meg:''' *who is really starting to feel guilty* Yes, they are. . .
-->'''Hercules:''' You're not like that.
-->'''Meg:''' How do you know what I'm like?
-->'''Hercules:''' All I know is you're the most amazing girl with. . .weak ankles that I've ever met. Meg. . .when I'm with you, I don't feel so. . .alone.
-->'''Meg:''' Sometimes it's better to be alone.
-->'''Hercules:''' What do you mean?
-->'''Meg:''' Nobody can hurt you.
* The end. When a constellation is created for Hercules, his trainer, Philoctetes is awed. Someone points out the constellation, saying, "That's Phil's boy!", and Phil sheds a single tear of joy, having just realized his life's ambition.
* Hercules loses his super strength after fully realizing his betrayal by Meg and his betrayal of Phil. Cyclops is yelling for him to come fight, and he goes.
-->'''Megara:''' What are you doing? Without your strength you'll be killed!
-->'''Hercules:''' There are worse things.
* Megara telling Hades she won't help him hurt Hercules.
* Herc being [[AllOfTheOtherReindeer bullied]] by everyone else in town he grew up in. Herc is REALLY good at [[TheWoobie looking like a kicked puppy]].
* [[BrokenBird Meg]]'s story. She ''sold her soul to Hades'' to save her boyfriend, and he thanks her how? By [[JerkAss running off with another woman!]] Meg's face when Hades brings this up says it all.
* When Phil discovers that Meg is (reluctantly) working with Hades and attempts to warn Herc, Herc just goes into complete denial, leading him to accidentally hit Phil. The look of hurt on Phil's face right after this shows just how much this has affected him emotionally.