* [[http://xkcd.com/881/ Probability,]] especially for relatives of cancer victims and moreso after Randall himself later announced that his fiancee has breast cancer.
* [[http://xkcd.com/931/ Lanes,]] especially the massive final panel. The AltText just drives the point home further...
** Related to it: [[http://xkcd.com/1141/ Two Years]]. Tears of the happy kind.
* [[http://xkcd.com/695/ Spirit]]
** For extra anthropomorphism point, consider [[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Nasa_mer_marvin.jpg Spirit's mission patch]]. You did well, lad. We're so proud of you.
* [[http://xkcd.com/383/ Helping]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/102/ Back to the Future]]. Ow.
* [[http://xkcd.com/561/ Well]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/701/ Science Valentine]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/647/ Scary]]. And how.
* [[http://www.xkcd.com/767/ Temper]] For anyone that grew up with this man. If you didn't cry at the comic, then you will at the Alt Text. Also counts for a moment of heartwarming.
* [[http://xkcd.com/502/ Dark Flow,]] especially for anyone who lost a parent. Even more especially a mother.
* [[http://xkcd.com/814/ Diode]] The Alt Text makes it even worse.
* [[http://xkcd.com/46/ Secrets]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/128/ "Will it ever stop hurting?"]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/144/ "but secretly we're just afraid to tell it to love"]]
** Although it does have a relieving MoodWhiplash via the AltText.
* [[http://xkcd.com/379/ Forgetting]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/961/ Eternal Flame]] Especially the alt text. [[note]]This comic was made after his death, as a tribute to [[AppleMacintosh Steve Jobs.]][[/note]]
* [[http://xkcd.com/101/ Laser Scope]]. It may be strange or funny at first but then you read the alt text...
* [[http://xkcd.com/240/ Dream Girl]], although [[http://thephoenix.com/Boston/News/48208-wisdom-of-crowds/ this]] may help.
* In a similar spirit: [[http://www.xkcd.org/551/ Etch-a-Sketch]].
* [[http://xkcd.com/390/ Nightmares]]. Part TearJerker.
* The Barrel Boy story, [[http://xkcd.com/11 especially]] [[http://xkcd.com/25/ these]] [[http://xkcd.com/31/ three]].
* [[http://xkcd.com/1042/ Never]]. Most of these at least have a sense of humor, but this... doesn't.
* [[http://xkcd.com/449/ Things Fall Apart]].
* Most people who's ever had a crush, will probably have gone though the same thing as in [[http://xkcd.org/642/ Creepy]]
* [[http://xkcd.org/1259/ Bee Orchid]] "I'll remember your bee, orchid. I'll remember you."
* "It's just [[http://xkcd.com/1262/ something my grandma used to say...]]"