For the [[Series/TheWalkingDead TV show]], see '''[[TearJerker/TheWalkingDeadTVShow here]]'''.
For the [[VideoGame/TheWalkingDead video game]], see '''[[TearJerker/TheWalkingDeadVideoGame here]]'''.
* [[spoiler: Carol's first suicide attempt.]]
* [[spoiler: Carol's suicide]] and the fallout. [[spoiler: Sophia's]] vacant stare afterwards is particularly upsetting.
* [[spoiler: Billy's]] death and the fact that it leads to [[spoiler: Hershel]] losing the will to live.
* During the battle against the Governor's forces, when [[spoiler:Lori and Judith are killed. At this point, even his own people see what a scumbag he is and turns on him.]]
* The final page of that issue, which shows Rick and Carl tearfully embracing.
* Morgan [[spoiler: saying good-bye to his zombie son]].
* Morgan talking to Carl on [[spoiler:his deathbed. Made even worse when he confuses Carl with his son.]] Guy just can't catch a break.
* The absolutely brutal death of [[spoiler:Glenn]] at the hands of Negan and his baseball bat as several of the other survivors are ForcedToWatch.
* Abraham, Carl, and Rick sitting beside the car talking. From Abraham's story [[spoiler: In which several people in the first group he's joined up with raping his wife, daughter and two other girls while making his son watch. When he finds out, he goes on a RoaringRampageOfRevenge which scares his family enough to cause them to leave. He goes after them, and when he finds them, they'd been attacked, with his daughter zombified, forcing him to kill her. Then he joins up with Rosita and Eugene's group, three people try to take some supplies and leave, forcing him to kill them.]] He then sits crying, wondering if he's become a monster like the zombies around them. Rick then tells how he killed Dexter during the roamer fight, and how he ran over Ramirez with the RV before beating him to death. Rick then says that what they're doing is necessary to protect those they care for, and how he worries about what would happen if Carl knew. And if that weren't enough, Carl talks about how he shot Shane in the neck to protect Rick, and how he wished he could kill the man who [[spoiler:killed Lori and Judith, as well as help kill the man who tried to rape him]]. The scene ends with Carl and Rick embracing in tears while Abraham sits silently next to them.
* Even though they were [[spoiler:cannibals]], Chris' group needed to survive. And the look on his face before [[spoiler:Rick's group kills them]] was just heart breaking.
!!Rise Of The Governor
!!The Road To Woodbury
* Josh telling Lilly about the fate of his mother. [[spoiler:When he got home from work he found her remains spread out across the table at his house. Apparently, she mistook the zombies for starving homeless people and let them inside herself.]]
* [[spoiler:Josh's death. Its extremely sudden and happens right after he and Lilly have a falling out after she told him that she might not actually love him. What makes it worse is just how senseless it was, he didn't get attacked by a walker or suffer an accident, no. He died because he refused to hand over a bag of supplies he found to the butcher, who was already working him like a dog and driving up his debt to him. The kindest, nicest person to survive the zombie apocalypse and he gets shot in the back of the head out of petty greed.]] [[HumansAreTheRealMonsters Damn.]]
!!Fall Of The Governor