* Spongebob and Patrick[[spoiler:'s [[DisneyDeath deaths.]]]]
** [[spoiler: Also they die happy, knowing that even though they didn't get the crown back, they at least made it to Shell City.]]
-->'''[=SpongeBob=]''' [[spoiler: Pat...we ''did'' make it.]]
-->'''Patrick''' [[spoiler: Yeah...I guess we did.]]
-->'''[=SpongeBob=]''' [[spoiler:We did all right for a couple of goofballs.]]
** [[spoiler: Their last words, as they GoOutWithASmile, is one last, sad, slow, but nonetheless enthusiastic reprise of the Goofy Goober Song.]]
** And also, [[spoiler:[=SpongeBob=] has a short monologue about how they never succeeded in their mission. How ''[[BreakTheCutie broken]]'' TomKenny makes [=SpongeBob=] sound as he's slowly dying does not help:]]
-->'''[=SpongeBob=]:''' Well, it looks like what everyone said about us is true, Patrick.
-->'''Patrick:''' [[ComicallyMissingThePoint You mean that we're attractive?]]
-->'''[=SpongeBob=]:''' [[spoiler: No, that we're just...kids. A couple of kids in way over their heads. We were doomed from the start. I mean look at us. We didn't even come close to the crown. We let everybody down...we ''failed...'']]
* Spongebob had been around for five years when this movie came out. He was a legend. Making kids and adults alike smile. When he gets to the trench [[spoiler: [[HeroicBSOD he just gives up]]]]. The Spongebob we all know and love, who had entertained generations with his chocolate selling antics and his fry cooking expertise [[spoiler:just collapses, and can't go on]].
* After Plankton walks into the Krusty Krab and steals the formula, there's a brief shot of frozen Mr. Krabs shedding a single tear that immediately freezes and hits the ground.
* Spongebob and Patrick's reactions after learning that all their friends back home have become slaves of Plankton.
* "I'm ready...depression..."