* Smurfette's HeelRealization moment in her debut episode:
-->'''Smurfette''': Oh, I'm so ashamed! I almost led you all to Gargamel's clutches, and you've been all so nice to me! Whatever you do to me, I deserve it. Throw me out of the village, abandon me in the forest, or send me back to Gargamel!
** It doesn't help the fact that all of the Smurfs cried for that, even Grouchy who says "I hate sad!"
** The sequel to this episode, "Smurfette Unmade" has this in spades where Gargamel has put her under a spell to turn her back to her original appearance ''with a malicious personality'', something he should have done.
*** If that wasn't enough...
-->'''Papa Smurf''': Our Smurfette is lost... forever.
-->'''Smurfette''': *cues the MyGodWhatHaveIDone moment*
* "Stop and Smurf the Roses," where Laconia the beautiful young wood elf is apparently killed after the evil Chlohydris kills all of the flowers (her life's source). When the Smurfs think that reversing her death-like state is irreversible, they tenderly lay her in a lilypad and prepare to lay her to rest ... until the moment of heartwarming comes when Papa Smurf is able to restore all the flowers to life.
* Grandpa Smurf's apparent death in "Smurfquest".
* The episode ''Squeaky'', where Smurfette's pet mouse dies, and she runs away because she doesn't want to see her friends die.
* The episode ''Clumsy Luck'', when everyone believes Clumsy was crushed by a meteor. Even Papa Smurf is in tears.
* Let's not forget ''Crying Smurfs'', where Weepy Smurf is supposedly killed off. He's actually alive but the other Smurfs don't know this. Thier reactions are heartbreaking.