* Winston's death in the first movie, he went out in a blaze of glory just like he'd always wanted. ...Doesn't mean the rest of us wanted it to happen.
* [[spoiler: Evie's death.]]
* "They took my eyes!"
** [[spoiler: The subsequent finishing of the job...*Dies A Little Inside*]]
--->[[spoiler: '''Beni:''' ''Mr. Burns, Prince Imhotep thanks you for your hospitality.'']]
--->[[spoiler: '''Mr. Burns:''' ''*smiles* Nah.'']]
--->[[spoiler: '''Beni:''' ''*whispers* And for your [[OrganTheft eyes]], and for your [[TongueTrauma tongue]].'']]
--->[[spoiler: '''Mr. Burns:''' ''*smile gone* [[OhCrap Wha?]]'']]
--->[[spoiler: '''Beni:''' ''But I'm afraid more is needed. The prince must finish the job.'']]
* When Horus (Ardeth's falcon) was [[spoiler:shot out of the sky]].
* Hell, the death of all the Americans in the first film count. Burns died alone, blind ''and'' terrified, [[DyingAlone with no one to turn to for help or comfort]]. Henderson, you might say [[BoisterousBruiser the warrior]] of the three, didn't even get a chance to face his attacker and go down fighting. While poor Daniels was backed into a corner and was unceremoniously murdered while trying to pacify his attacker. We should just consider ourselves lucky we only ''heard'' what happened to the egyptologist and weren't forced to watch...
* Imhotep losing the love of his life at the end of the second film, when Ankh Su-Namun abandons him to die. He sacrificed ''everything'' for her: His life, his soul, and it was all for nothing. The look on his face when he realizes this is heartbreaking, and despite everything he's done, it's possibly one of the most effective cases of AlasPoorVillain in recent memory.
** The novelization states that Rick himself feels so sorry for Imhotep, he actually tries to help save him...but Imhotep still lets go and falls into the underworld.