* Makoto breaking down in tears on the school roof when she believes that she's screwed everything up and can do nothing to fix it.
* Makoto's final Time Leap.
** And again, when Chiaki [[spoiler:reappears for a few brief seconds after just leaving Makoto sobbing her heart out and tells her he'll be waiting for her in the future. Makoto's response is a bright, if extremely tearful smile and a quiet, "I'll come running."]]
* For those watching the DVD, the included music video for the song "Garnet" can be this, especially if watching and listening while reading the subtitles.
--->I'll burn the days that I spent with you into my heart
--->So that I'll be all right even if I don't remember them
--->Even if I fall in love with someone else someday
--->You will always be precious and important to me
--->And this season will come around again
* Makoto being unable to save [[spoiler:Kousuke and Kaho, which lead to their deaths. Thankfully, Chiaki managed to fix it,]] but still....
* The student who Makoto switched with in Home Ec. class. He's bullied relentlessly to the point he not only attacks his tormentors, but ''Makoto''.
* Chiaki. [[spoiler:Dude leaped from devastated future where he doesn't even has a chance to see the sky. And partly thanks to Makoto, he ended up wasting his final time-leap charges before he could see the painting he came for in the first place...]]
* Makoto's inevitable declaration to Yuri in [[spoiler:the ending that she loves Chiaki]]. Even though it ended on good terms, Yuri's subtle expression afterwards is hard to watch. "Time waits for no one" indeed.