This TearJerker page is about the [[WesternAnimation western animation]] Teen Titans.
* This entire exchange at the end of "Masks" was deeply saddening, considering Robin and Starfire's relationship dynamic, Starfire's values on friendship and her usual bubbly personality, and what Robin had just [[WhatTheHellHero done]]. ''Ouch.''
--> ''(Starfire enters)''
--> '''Robin:''' You want to yell at me too? Everyone else has. And I don't blame them.
--> '''Starfire:''' I do not wish to yell, merely to understand. Robin, why did you not tell us the truth?
--> '''Robin:''' I needed to fool Slade. If you guys knew it was me under that mask, you would've held back. Doesn't matter anyway. Slade figured it out, and I still haven't figured out anything about him.
--> '''Starfire:''' That is not true. Whoever Slade is, [[NotSoDifferent you and he are similar]]. Slade did not trust you...and you did not trust us.
* The schoolgirl's/[[spoiler:Terra]]'s speech. [[spoiler:"Things were never the way you remember..."]] "Things change, Beast Boy. The girl you want me to be is just a memory.... you're the Teen Titan. That's who you are. That's not me. I'm not a hero. I'm not out to save the world. I'm just a girl with a geometry test next period and I haven't studied."
** The end of "Aftershock, Part 2". 'Nuff said.
** During BB and Cyborg's battle with [[spoiler:Terra. Beast Boy's expression of disbelief, and her utter lack of remorse make it heart wrenching.]]
-->'''[[spoiler:Beast Boy]]:''' [[spoiler:Terra, you wouldn't.]]
-->'''[[spoiler:Terra]]:''' [[spoiler:Watch me.]]
* The end of "The End, part 1", particularly as Raven accepts her destiny as herald of the apocalypse, then stuns her friends into unconsciousness to keep them from going after her...then whispers, "goodbye... be safe." Similarly, a few minutes later when she says she never knew she would "have such wonderful friends," and proceeds to "die" as her horrified teammates watch, helplessly.
* Robin - normally not the type to give speeches about ThePowerOfFriendship - doing his best to talk Raven into letting the Titans help, as well as Robin protecting Raven's young form and (for a happy-tears variety) the two Titans watching the sun come up at finale's end.
* "The End: Part 3", when Robin was carrying [[spoiler:regressed-to-childhood Raven and telling her the story of the Raven he knew]]. One of the sweetest moments in the show. And when [[spoiler:young]] Raven was shaking [[spoiler:Robin's body, going: "Get up, get up!"]]
** The Titans fighting for their lives against there evil doppelgangers. The originals keep trying to fight the dark selves, but keep getting beat down.
--> '''Doppelganger Beast Boy''': (''to Beast Boy'') No wonder Terra dumped you.
* A-few-punches-from-death Robin collapsing into Starfire's arms, whispering, "It's okay, Starfire... s'okay...".
* In the same episode, when Starfire was forced to hit Robin (who was NotHimself at the time) unconscious with a starbolt. The resignation on her face... ''damn.''
* The end of "Spellbound", where Raven [[spoiler: gets [[LoveHurts her heart completely broken]] by Melchior, the MailerDaemon from the GreatBigBookOfEverything]] is also quite the tearjerker. Specially when Beast Boy says he's sorry for the heartbreak Raven went through, and then she hugs him.
** From the same episode, it's also quite heartbreaking when Beast Boy insults Raven after she refused to play Stankball with him and Cyborg. The look on Raven's face is particularly sad. Anyone who knows what it's like to get insulted by their friends for being different definitely felt for Raven there.
-->'''Beast Boy''': Why can't you just have fun like normal people? Why are you always locked in your dark room reading nasty old books? Why do you have to be so ''creepy''?
-->'''Raven''': (very quietly, to herself) I'm not creepy, I'm just different.
** Also Raven, of all people, ''crying'' over how lonely she [[spoiler: thinks she]] is. Ouch.
--> '''Melchior:''' Is that what you want, Raven? To be alone?
--> '''Raven:''' ... no.
* [[BadPowersBadPeople "Good was never an option for me."]] At the end of "Lightspeed", she looks so lost... and then she finds the rose, and there's that small, hopeful smile on her face.
* In ''Stranded,'' there's a sad moment when the Titans are trying to shake off an alien on their T-Ship, and Robin tells them to not separate, but the alien's sound waves mess up the communications, and the Titans think they're told to separate, and do so, as Robin extends his hand out and lets out an anguished BigNo as Starfire's ship leaves.
** In the same episode, Starfire expresses her disappointment in Robin for pulling the ShesNotMyGirlfriend card and worries that they'll never be okay as she puts it.
*** Her cold demeanor towards Robin while their alone on the planet also counts too all because Robin CantSpitItOut.
* [[BadFuture "How Long Is Forever?"]]. That's all.
** Cyborg is confined to the ruins of Titans Tower because his batteries ran out.
** Beast Boy is locked into a cage for a circus freak show.
** Raven is driven into a stupor because she don't have her friends and thought Starfire is just another hallucination.
* In "Apprentice - Part 1", Starfire begging Robin to answer her calls after he was blackmailed into working for Slade, and she continues into Part 2. And when they finally found him...
-->'''Beast Boy''': That's not Slade, that's...
** And she calls his name again after he blasted her and escaped. Then she adamantly refuses to believe he is the real Robin because he would never betray them. When Slade forces Robin to attack the Titans, [[LetsYouAndHimFight Robin ended up pointing his thermal blaster at Starfire whose hand glow green]]...but then her eyes soften.
-->'''Starfire''': Robin, you are my best friend. I cannot be in a world in which we must fight. If you are truly evil, then go ahead. (''starbolt fades, hangs head'') Do what you must.
-->'''Robin''': Starfire, no! (lowers blaster)
** Then in his moment of weakness, Slade activates the nanobots inside the Titans.
-->'''Starfire''': (''weakly'') Robin...
-->'''Robin''': I'm sorry. (''shoots her'')
** In the final confrontation, when Slade, with Robin by his side, overpowers the Titans, tears are actually streaming down Starfire's face.
* Starfire revealing to Cyborg what the word Valyor was calling her means in "Troq".
-->'''Cyborg''': But I thought you said it didn't mean anything.
-->'''Starfire''': No. [[ExactWords I said it means]] ''[[ExactWords "nothing"]]''. When Valyor calls me that he is saying that I am worthless. A nothing.
* From the movie: the [[FateWorseThanDeath Fate Worse Than Death]] that [[spoiler:the Commander of the Tokyo Troopers]] subjected [[spoiler: Brushogun]] to after capturing him was so cruel and painful to watch.