* Ere [[spoiler:finding out she'll never see again.]]
* Ere, again [[spoiler:having just lost her cybernetic eyes, realizing that she just killed Retrope, and being left to die along with Report really got to this troper.]]
* Ere (I'm seein' a pattern) after Report comes back into existence.
* Ere immediately after this when Report [[spoiler: apparenty dies via HeroicSacrifice]].
* Ere when she finds out that Report is still alive.
* A dying Sir Romra offering his helmet to Naharrud, so the latter could finally read all those books like he wanted.
* [[spoiler:Regnis's death]]. Oh ''God''.
-->''"My song... and my love... don't forget them..."''
** Made ''even worse'' by the previous pages, where Gabe repeated tries to use his powers to heal her, repeatedly getting hit by his own Lightning but not giving up, only to fail in the end.
* Ere ('''again''') in the "Worst Case Scenario", only this time [[spoiler:she killed Report ''with her own hands'']].
** Even more heartbreaking when she and Neeuq make their way out of the factory and the normally graceful and competent Ere is completely disoriented, stumbling into every obstacle along the way but still refusing to let Neeuq help her carry [[spoiler:Report's body]].
** Also, when she [[spoiler:is dismembered and LeftForDead by Dab Gib and uses her only remaining hand to crawl over to Report's body and hug it before dying herself]].
* "Report... Ere... Father... I am sorry." [[ChoosingDeath *blam*]]
* "I... I don't drink tea very often." Gets me ''every time.''
* A bit earlier than the rest of these, but I think everyone remembers [[WhamLine this]] line
--> [[spoiler:'''Gib:''']] I used to think the stars were worth looking at... [[DespairEventHorizon not anymore.]]
* As much as the fans hated him, the end of [[spoiler:G'nignah]] was so savagely brutal that even hardened haters of the character felt bad for him.
--> [[spoiler:'''G'nignah:''']] Heh... C-come on, guys... We all knew... this was... coming...
* The reason Yug cannot use Tropes the way others can is finally revealed in the OREZ arc. [[spoiler: he TookTheBullet for Dab from the barrel of NightmareFuel that corrupted Dab in the first place. Turns out that blocks off his wiki channels, meaning he is unable to manifest Tropes properly. Even worse, Dab was still infected, meaning his younger brother's near death and life-crippling debilitation ultimately failed to impact anything. Worse still, Yug is slowly succumbing to TheVirus that he's been hiding from everyone.]]
* After Report's [[spoiler:memory loss]], Ere bursts into tears and begs him to come back, whereas Retrope just buries her face in her arms.
* Angelica [[spoiler:sacrificing herself to save Susano'o from his own mind]]. The worst part is that, since [[spoiler:Angelica died before her time]], Fayejin [[spoiler:performs a FaceHeelTurn and becomes TheDragon]].
** However, it also leads to a mildly Heartwarming moment, when Report [[spoiler:gets all his memories back]] and Ere and Retrope [[spoiler:[[HeelFaceTurn come back to W.I.K.I.]]]].
* In the Western Zodiac arc, Ere taking the [[ForbiddenFruit Apple of Light]] from the Star Tree sets off a chain of events that have multiple Tearjerking moments.
** The most memorable is [[spoiler:[[ThePollyanna Capricorn]]'s death]]. Namely, he [[spoiler:''killed himself by jumping into the Sea of Tears.'']] Woah.
** The second most memorable is [[spoiler:[[BigBad Ophiuchus]] getting to see the consequences of her actions]]. [[MyGodWhatHaveIDone She's horrified]], and then [[VillainousBSOD breaks down crying]].
* Gale [[spoiler:giving up on life and sitting down in the middle of a death trap]].
** [[spoiler:And then Retrope's AnguishedDeclarationOfLove, which is both tearjerking and heartwarming at the same time]].
* Kaliyah [[spoiler:killing Doog]]. No, you did not misread that.
** Who found the body? A squadron consisting of Report, Ere, Retrope, a few [[RedShirt Red Shirts]]...and Yug. The look of pure heartbreak on his face ''will'' haunt you.
** Gale and Yug's conversation at the funeral.
-->'''Gale:''' He was probably a wonderful [[spoiler:father]]. You must've loved him.
-->''(Yug cracks a tiny smile)''
-->'''Yug:''' Yeah, I did...he was the best.
-->'''Gale:''' I...I'm jealous.
-->'''Yug:''' Wait, huh? Why? You have a brother!
-->'''Gale:''' You have way more...you have good memories of [[spoiler:your father]]. I don't have a single good memory of my parents...and my brother...well...
* In one of the examples where Noah's writing actually shines through, Yug runs into Dab at the Sunlight Festival, where Dab coldly asks where Doog is. Yug is forced to break the news...
-->'''Yug:''' [[BreakingBadNewsGently Well...you see...]]
-->'''Dab:''' Out with it.
-->'''Yug:''' He's dead, Dab.
* During ''Heroes of Troperia'', Yug decides not to go to the tournament because he's still in mourning.
** And if that wasn't enough, at one point during ''True Love'', he sings part of ''I Don't Wanna Live Forever'', which is directed mainly towards [[spoiler:his father (who was believed to be dead) and his brother]].
-->'''Yug:''' I don't wanna fit
-->I just wanna keep calling your name
-->'Til you come back home
* Ethne asks Yug where his mother was all his life. Yug is about to answer, but then realizes...he really doesn't know.
* [[spoiler:Report's]] last words before he's [[spoiler:incinerated by Phoenix Flare.]]
-->'''[[spoiler:Report:]]''' Why...why are you doing this?
-->'''Noah:''' [[DesignatedHero Because I hate you.]]
* "Leave me alone."
* Ere [[spoiler:having to be deactivated to protect Cyberpunk City.]] Oh ''god''.
-->'''[[spoiler:Ere:]]''' Report...don't cry for me. There is living to be done.
** When Gabe and Regnis's daughter is born, she's named Ere after [[spoiler:their dead friend.]]
* "My heart can't possibly break...WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN WHOLE TO START WITH!"
* When L tells Retrope that she's [[spoiler:[[WhamLine likely adopted]].]] The look on her face is positively ''heartbreaking''.
* A minor one, but Retrope feeling left out at the beginning of the new arc when Report and Ere get promoted and [[PassedOverPromotion she doesn't]].
** Later on, when she tries to show Ere her new [[ShockAndAwe lightning]] [[DropTheHammer hammer]], Ere brushes it off, dropping ''this'' gem of a line.
-->'''Ere:''' ...uh-huh. Now could you take your toys elsewhere?
-->'''Ere:''' This is why you didn't get the promotion, wasn't it? You waste the time of your superiors. Run along now.
* [[spoiler:Frigg, Odin's lifelong wife, dies from sickness off-screen.]] What's worse is that we never even found out what the illness was.
** Later, [[spoiler:Odin]] reads her goodbye letter and breaks down in tears.
* The note Retrope leaves for her friends before [[spoiler:leaving to marry Loki.]]
** Even worse is her reason for doing so: [[spoiler:Loki [[FauxAffablyEvil threatened to kill]] her friends if she didn't [[AndNowYouMustMarryMe marry him]].]]
* The W.I.K.I. agents' reaction to finding out Agni [[spoiler:killed Odin,]] since [[spoiler:Odin was a good friend throughout the series.]]
* [[TheVirus The Inversion]] can be considered this. According to Reginald, several Inverters have had to disappear off the face of the Earth so they wouldn't hurt friends or family, and the few who are still known have a bad rep because of the Inversion. To make matters worse, Inverters ''have'' to use the Inversion to tap into their powers, and must constantly remind themselves who they are lest the Inversion consume them.
** And the icing on the cake? In a cruel twist of irony, Reginald hid this information from Minnie so she wouldn't have to worry about it. If he ''had'' told her about the Inversion, [[spoiler:she probably wouldn't've died at his own, [[DemonicPossession Inverted]] hands.]]