* Every time Mecha Maid's ALS is brought up, particularly when she reveals that it's progressing faster. On a related note, Mecha Maid revealing that, because of it, romance was never really a possibility for her.
* When Tiger learns of a school shooting he is initially afraid his daughters got hurt, and when he is overjoyed they're safe they point out someone else lost their daughters that day.
* This page, and Heather's many conflicting emotions--including "[[spoiler:I'm sorry I walked away I'm sorry I hurt you]]", "[[spoiler:I'm scared]]", and in the corner, a tiny, little, backwards "[[spoiler:Maybe I love you too.]]" Someone give the poor girl a hug.
* A minor one, but Spinnerettes reaction to Mecha maid hitting her is genuinely quite sad. however it doesn't last long as [[spoiler:Spinnerette soon realises mecha is under the [[HatePlague hate plague]] ]]
* [[spoiler: The death of White Heron.]]
* [[spoiler:When Glass learns that the breeding camps and experiments left Mecha Maid paralyzed, he [[EvenEvilHasStandards seems honestly regretful about it]], and has a PetTheDog moment by leaving Mecha Maid alive and telling her to spend her remaining time with her loved ones]].
* [[spoiler:After three pages of trying and failing to push Heather away out of guilt, Marilyn admits that she intended to commit suicide through fighting Glass, before finally and understandably [[http://www.spinnyverse.com/index.php?id=609 breaking down sobbing in Heather's arms]].]]
* Adastrea [[spoiler: murders Dr. Singh, the only one with a ''possible'' cure for ALS in the Spinny universe, pats herself on the back for it, and then proclaims "justice" for going out and trying to ''kill'' every other patient with ALS.]]
** [[spoiler:Thanks to Spinnerette, some luck, and Singh's cricket skills, he actually survived, but the fact that she tried is horrifying, especially since she had been a patient of his that was able to live normally for years after his treatment.]]
* After all the time and effort spent trying to stop Adastrea at the stem cell treatment center, [[spoiler: [[RealityEnsues Marilyn does not see any improvement from the treatment.]] To twist the knife, she had told everyone that there was only a one in six chance of it working, but her loved ones were determined to be optimistic and hoped for improvement.]]
* In Heather's hometown, we have Sarah Nicole Megan, [[spoiler: doped up into an ultra-PC and 50s-family-values mindset to the point that she spreads it to the whole town to keep the place perfect, even taking doses to keep from having a 'relapse' into being the old her.]]