* Every time Mecha Maid's ALS is brought up, particularly when she reveals that it's progressing faster. On a related note, Mecha Maid revealing that, because of it, romance was never really a possibility for her.
* When Tiger learns of a school shooting he is initially afraid his daughters got hurt, and when he is overjoyed they're safe they point out someone else lost their daughters that day.
* This page, and Heather's many conflicting emotions--including "[[spoiler:I'm sorry I walked away I'm sorry I hurt you]]", "[[spoiler:I'm scared]]", and in the corner, a tiny, little, backwards "[[spoiler:Maybe I love you too.]]" Someone give the poor girl a hug.
* [[spoiler: The death of White Heron.]]
* [[spoiler:When Glass learns that the breeding camps and experiments left Mecha Maid paralyzed, he [[EvenEvilHasStandards seems honestly regretful about it]], and has a PetTheDog moment by leaving Mecha Maid alive and telling her to spend her remaining time with her loved ones]].
* [[spoiler:After three pages of trying and failing to push Heather away out of guilt, Marilyn admits that she intended to commit suicide through fighting Glass, before finally and understandably [[http://www.spinnyverse.com/index.php?id=609 breaking down sobbing in Heather's arms]].]]