* The whole concept of the game.
* The endings in general can be quite affecting.
* ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAsIYidvH7o Acceptance]]''.
* This exchange from two of the endings:
--->[[spoiler:'''Cheryl:''' You've been with me for so long...]]
--->[[spoiler:'''Harry memory:''' I always will be.]]
--->[[spoiler:*Harry turns to ice*]]
** The "Love Lost" ending shows [[spoiler:Cheryl taping Harry's departure from his family after their divorce, and him kneeling down to her to explain - [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxV8j2m8HSk "Even though Mom and Dad don't love each other anymore, we both love you - and we always will."]]]]
*** [[spoiler: Also from "Love Lost", Harry notices Cheryl and tells her, gently, "don't film this." Cheryl's been replaying and replaying her home movies to try to keep her grip on the perfect image of her father throughout the whole game, but never getting to the truth because she rewinds before she gets there. He tells her not to film it because he already knows divorce is tough on a kid, and having such a concrete reminder will only hurt her in the long run; the fact that he understands his daughter so well suggests he really was as attentive and loving as she remembers.]]
* Some players get annoyed at the video of Cheryl and Harry playing over and over again in the beginning. However, it is the last thing that's shown in the game, and since we know the real story by then, it makes the video ten times sadder.
* Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's vocal work drives it home.
* [[spoiler:"Why did you have to die? It wasn't my fault...]]