* The scene where Heather [[spoiler:discovers Harry dead, as well as the scene where she laments because she never got to tell him how much she loved him]].
-->'''Heather''': ''[[spoiler:Dad. You used to tell me that you were the strongest man in the world... Liar...]]''
** Also the scene before the ending, wherein she [[spoiler:breaks down in tears while thinking of Harry after defeating the final boss]].
** This is also one for the player [[spoiler:if they played the first game. Harry, who the player spent the entire first game with, watching as this man put himself through a literal hell to save his daughter, is dead. And he's not coming back.]]
* Douglas' recollection of [[spoiler:his son's death.]]
-->[[spoiler:'''Douglas:''' You.. remind me of my son...]]
-->[[spoiler:'''Heather:''' I thought you said nobody was going to cry over you.]]
-->[[spoiler:'''Douglas:''' Dead people don't cry.]]
** This exchange:
--->'''Heather:''' You think you're Superman or something?
--->'''Douglas:''' You know... I always wanted to be him.
* Claudia admitting that, [[spoiler: despite believing her actions are for the salvation of all mankind, [[NoPlaceForMeThere she doesn't expect to be saved]] and even feels remorse for what she did to Heather]]. Even Heather [[spoiler:looks really stunned by Claudia's admission of remorse, although that doesn't last, as a not-quite-dead Vincent joins the conversation.]]
* Most of these scenes also feature sad music, which makes it all the more tear-jerking.
* The letter from Harry to Heather [[spoiler:which mentions how he still felt the loss of his daughter Cheryl after she was absorbed back into the reborn Alessa]].