* Brian's expression after [[spoiler:Justin is gay-bashed]] is enough to break anyone's heart.
** And the CallBack it gets in season two when [[spoiler: Ben is in the hospital, Michael is going to pieces, and Brian reminds Michael that the only reason he got through Justin's attack was because of him.]]
* [[OOCIsSeriousBusiness Whenever Emmett acts seriously]], we know it's a grave situation.
* When Ted gives Michael a speech not to chase the idea of Brian but notice the one who is already pining for him. So Michael moves in with [[CompletelyMissingThePoint David]].
* The bombing at Babylon provokes quite a few of these moments. Between Brian calling frantically for Justin and then Michael in the blasted building, or demanding a nurse at the hospital accept his blood for Michael's transfusions, there are no shortage of painful moments.
* After [[spoiler:Brian and Justin call off the wedding and the latter decides to move to New York]] the two make love for the final time in the series while a montage of their previous encounters flickers across the screen. The real tearjerker comes when the camera focuses on them in bed and [[spoiler:Justin]] slowly fades from the scene, emphasizing his absence after fighting so hard for them to be together.
* [[spoiler: Vic's death]] in Season Four, and Brian, Michael, and Debbie's reactions to it.