%% Weblinks are NOT examples. If you want to add an item to the list, you MUST describe what happens in the story.
!!From ''Not Always Right''
* You really gotta feel bad for [[http://notalwaysright.com/ah-fathers-part-2/954 this guy.]] He has to buy several copies of the same ''WesternAnimation/SpongebobSquarepants'' DVD for his 10 year old son, costing him 550 dollars.
-->'''Dad:''' Oh, donít worry about it. I hate my life anyway.
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/i-junk-mailed-to-say-i-love-you/2316 This customer]] is so lonely he wants to recieve ads from a company just so he can get something through the mail.
* [[RuleOfCautiousEditingJudgement Whatever can be said about the Afghanistan conflict]], people coming home from it only to deal with [[http://notalwaysright.com/a-war-unwon/14873 bigots]] who think having asians soldiers is good because it's "Better [losing] you than losing some American boys" is depressing.
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/a-mothers-love-is-priceless-for-everything-else-theres-credit-cards/11640 This poor little girl]], whose mother considers her less important than a credit card. She even tells the workers who watched her daughter to say it's her daughter that's lost next time so she knows not to rush.
* A minor one [[http://notalwaysright.com/acting-rashly/4059 here]]. She wants to know how to treat a rash on her butt, but doesn't want health services to know, so she calls tech support for computers, of all places. When she is told tech support can't help her, she hangs up while sobbing.
* It's hard not to feel sorry for [[http://notalwaysright.com/toasted/1253 this guy/girl]] who is accused of ruining a boy's 13th birthday because of a problem with the ovens that is in no way the worker's fault.
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/finders-stealers/19750 This one]] doesn't sound sad until you put it in hindsight. You can bet this little girl's gonna grow up a SpoiledBrat. After finding a roll of lost money, she is told by her mother to keep it. When the cashier tells her she cannot keep it unless 30 days pass without someone claiming it, the family lie to another employee in order to get it. Later on, the person who actually lost the money comes and finds out their money has been taken by someone else.
* Similarly, [[http://notalwaysright.com/to-conjugate-a-thief/20886 this kid's]] gonna grow up to be a ''criminal'', being told by his father to steal candy bars. If the cashier hadn't been fluent in Japanese (the father spoke Japanese, assuming the cashier wouldn't understand), he would've gotten away with it.
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/bad-parents-bug-us/20630 This one's]] especially horrifying to people who are [[FriendToAllLivingThings friends to all living things.]] Two kids grab butterflies from an exhibit with their fists, possibly hurting them, and when they are told to stop, their mother says that they should be allowed to do whatever they want to them, and tries to apply NeverSayDie to real life. She has to be forcefully removed from the exhibit in the end.
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/self-serving-stupidity-will-not-be-served/22559 This one]] features rude customers, awesome customers... and a 70-year-old cashier who has to work to afford chemotherapy.
* It's hard not to feel bad for the regular in [[http://notalwaysright.com/pet-yourself-in-my-shoes/23804 this story,]] especially if you're an animal-lover/have a beloved pet yourself. A customer's hamster has a tumor and must be put down. She wants to give the hamster one final treat first, but another customer comes and grabs the hamster's box from her hands without permission. The customer think that a hamster-loving friend would like to see a hamster that is about to die.
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/breast-to-be-aware-around-bigots/26456 This]] post seems like an ordinary bigot post, with a violent customer who insults the cashier with homophobic comments and physical threats, until the end, where a second one comes around!
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/mini-golf-vs-beer-pong/27915 This]] is just depressing. You'd expect underage drinking from 17- or 18-year-olds, but ''ten-year-olds?!''
** Unless the first boy was just parroting his elder relatives' or friends' opinions. Which seems likely since he doesn't know the difference between beer and rum.
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/mans-best-friend-from-beginning-to-end/28373 This.]] Unlike most things on this list, it's also a HeartwarmingMoment: After a family's dog had to be euthanized, an Air Force lieutenant who lost his brother to cancer cheers the 10-year old son by telling him that if he did his best to make the dog's life worth living, the dog would be proud.
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/gift-carded-and-dearly-departed/31904 This one]], which is also a HeartwarmingMoment -- for some people, the last thing a close person ever gave them is ''very'' important.
* [[http://notalwaysright.com/a-hole-in-one/32216 This homeowner]] who had to deal with asshole golfers who think they can go wherever they want is bad enough, but it gets worse when he lists all the trouble they've put him through--not only have they broken into and wrecked his property, they ''killed his dog''. When people value a damn golf game over life, you know you're dealing with some really scummy folks.
!! From ''Not Always Romantic''
* [[http://notalwaysromantic.com/forget-the-announcements-here-come-the-pronouncements/18820 This]] narrator's friend received condolences rather than congratulations on his wedding.
* Hard not to feel sorry for [[http://notalwaysromantic.com/in-brightest-wedding-day/21550 this]] [[TheWoobie poor guy]] for his failed proposal attempt.
* [[http://notalwaysromantic.com/darth-nauseous/25592 This]] is a strong case of TheEndingChangesEverything. [[spoiler:By the time the writer had uploaded the anecdote, her husband had died.]]
!! From ''Not Always Related''
* [[http://notalwaysrelated.com/not-a-gifted-father/28558 This writer]]. Her father forgot her own birthday, but instead gives a birthday present to her step-sister, whose own birthday is ''a week away''.
!! From ''Not Always Working''
* The girl in [[http://notalwaysworking.com/the-age-of-penitence/27552 this story]].
** But hey... free food!
* It's bad enough for a person [[http://notalwaysworking.com/dont-judge-a-look-by-its-cover/29748 to suffer tumors and look extremely thin as a result]]. It's even worse when someone else assumes they're thin for purely selfish reasons, goes off of that assumption, and makes the person's life even worse because they refuse to hear anything but their own humongously erroneous illusion.
** Arguably, what makes that worse is even if those ''were'' the reasons the woman was so thin (basically, the waitress accuses her of being anorexic and having cut herself), it still would in no way justify that treatment. Either way, the woman would've technically been ill and nobody chooses to have an illness.
* It really sucks when a person's medical aspirations [[http://notalwaysworking.com/healer-hear-thyself-2/28521 are crushed because of a jerk physician]].
* [[http://notalwaysworking.com/well-that-joke-died/31364 It's sad]] when you are waiting at the checkout line after a friend's funeral and the cashier gets mad at you for looking sad and assumes that you are just moping around for no reason.
* [[http://notalwaysworking.com/toying-with-her/32122 A shy teenage customer]] is driven to tears when she nearly gets her SecurityBlanket stuffed animal taken away by a toy shop employee, who is convinced she's trying to steal it (despite the fact that the store wouldn't be selling what is clearly an old, worn toy). Thankfully, another employee who steps in believes her, and after distracting the first employee, comforts her, then rushes her out before he can come back and berate her some more.
!! From ''Not Always Learning''
* One story on this section of the site takes place during finals week. A girl comes up to the storyteller complaining that the copy machine hasn't printed her things. A tech goes with her to look, and the girl runs by in tears because she'd accidentally put her report ''through the shredder''.
* Not really a TearJerker, but kinda depressing: [[http://notalwayslearning.com/parlez-snooze-francais/30746 This one student]] in an advanced French class is always late, and when she does come, she sleeps through most of the class. However, her homework is always done, and she does very well on exams. Then on day, the student has had enough of this, and says, in French, [[SurroundedByIdiots "I hate all my classmates!"]]. The teacher is surprised that she would blatantly insult everyone in class, but the student is confident that nobody actually understood her. The teacher confirmed that NOBODY in the class understood that fairly-basic-French sentence, and were only there because EVERYONE had cheated for the entire term by using translators. The student was then moved into a class where people were actually interested in learning French.
* Nobody should have to go to [[http://notalwayslearning.com/their-vocabulary-is-intolerable/32051 a school]] with this learning environment.
** [[http://notalwayslearning.com/how-to-combat-the-bullying-a-gender/32065 Here's another]] which is arguably worse. The submitter left the school because she couldn't take it.
* [[http://notalwayslearning.com/a-victory-in-tragedy-part-2/32454 A teacher puts a student in detention]] for being ''a few seconds late'' to school... because the student's brother died the previous night, and she was up all night grieving.
** On the bright side, the rest of the faculty helped her get out of it and the science teacher never troubled her again.