While ''FanFic/NobodyDies'' is, overall, very funny and a LighterAndSofter take on ''Anime/NeonGenesisEvangelion'', it has its fair share of emotionally wrenching scenes:
* The most obvious would be the worst material surrounding [[TheWoobie Asuka]].
** In the same vein, [[spoiler: Sohryu's [[HeelRealization realization]] of [[MyGodWhatHaveIDone how badly she's screwed up]] in an attempt to protect Asuka.]]
-->[[spoiler: I was afraid. I took her out because she could have ended up like that: Having her soul sucked out of her ''through the back of her neck!'']]
* [[spoiler:Mari's temporary death, and Uri's reaction to it.]]
* [[spoiler:The last remnants of Naoko's soul being ''impaled'' by Iruel ''while Shinji watches''.]]
** [[spoiler:The "Iruel MindRape" scene is equal parts this and horror, especially what he does to Asuka, Mana and Ichi.]]
* Chapter 40: [[spoiler:Kyoko, already distraught over learning of Asuka's SplitPersonality issue, is sent to the canon!Evangelion verse alongside Asuka, Shinji, Rei and Yui. Soon after arriving, she discovers exactly what happened to canon!Kyoko and how it affected canon!Asuka, and...well, her first reaction is to scream helplessly at how much ''worse'' she could have screwed up with her daughter, and afterwards she starts throwing wine bottles at Canon!Unit 02, screaming at it for its actions.]]
-->[[spoiler:'''ND!Kyoko''': What did you '''DO TO HER?!!''']]
* Chapter 45: [[spoiler:Yui has to ask Ichi to give up a paradise made for her to go back to being an Eva.]]
--> "It's alright. We had today, didn't we?"
* Makinami refusing to acknowledge [[spoiler:Mari]] as her daughter because [[spoiler:her NearDeathExperience turned her into a [[HalfHumanHybrid human/Angel hybrid]].]] And I thought pre-CharacterDevelopment Kyoko was bad...
** What makes this worse is that [[spoiler:Pieter had reassured Mari that she was still herself and that he still loves her ''almost immediately'' beforehand.]]
* All of what happened in New Vegas after they left the convention. It's more like 2-3 chapters of tearjerking material than a moment.
* [[spoiler:02-Ef's "death"]] in ''Six AIs One Continent''.