* ''NabariNoOu'' episode 18
--> '''Yoite:''' Save me...I don't want to die...I want to disappear...Please erase...My existence...and every thing that I've lived...Because I never existed from the beginning...
* The final scene of the anime.
* [[spoiler:[[TwoWordsObviousTrope Two words]]: Chapter 50]], combined with CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming. Even the ''author'' cried while drawing that chapter.
** The immediate aftermath of [[spoiler:Chapter 50]]. The pain [[spoiler:Yukimi]] is obviously going through can be rather wrenching to read - the same goes for [[spoiler:Miharu]]'s reaction, especially his NotSoStoic breakdown. [[spoiler:''"I didn't want to erase that person's existence... because I wanted us to live together... so why did I choose this..."'' ''"If that person's memories or remembrance were left, I would surely... not be able to live..."'' And then he ''claws at his throat''. And bursts into tears.]]
* Chapter 61 is both this and a CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming.
* The final chapter of the manga. The color pages in the middle of the chapter with [[spoiler: Miharu finally reuniting with Yoite]] are just plain heartwrenching.
** This troper hasn't even seen the chapter in question but teared up just now by reading that spoiler. That's effectiveness.
* Raimei's reaction when [[spoiler:Kouichi dies]]. And on that note, [[spoiler:Shijima]]'s last words to Miharu:
-->[[spoiler:'''Shijima''']]: [[spoiler:Take care of granny]].
* The second ending of the anime, which features Miharu and Yoite doing cute things like [[SleepCute sleeping on each other's shoulders at a train station]] and holding hands in a grassy field, all set to a mellow, nostalgic-sounding tune. On its own it's very sweet, but in the context of the show it becomes heartbreaking.