* And even though it was a comedy series, the episode of ''Lucky Star'' that talks about Konata's mother brought out the Kleenex for quite a few people.
* "Doesn't count as a leftover. 'Cause I bought one." * sniff, sniff*
* "My people... are everywhere." Cue ManlyTears.
* For Tsukasa fans, the volleyball scene in the OVA. [[spoiler: Her sister smacks her in the face with the ball, she tries to give it her all for once, but she ''still'' loses the game. One could reasonably argue that it wouldn't really be Tsukasa if she won, but still. She says, "Next time...", but given the "grand finale" feel to the OVA, it doesn't seem like there will ever be a next time outside the realm of fanfiction.]]
* In Episode 24, the last moments before the festival, with the girls looking with sadness at the preparations while a slow, sad version of the opening sounds.
* There's also the scene between Kagami and her older sister, Matsuri. When Kagami doesn't get a message about getting some supplies, Matsuri lays into the twins. Kagami storms off to get the supplies, and Inori Hiiragi pointedly tells Matsuri that she could have handled it better, and [[HeelRealization Matsuri agrees.]]
* Sou's reminiscence of his final days with Kanata ranks as easily in the top five most sincerely heartwarming, not to mention heartbreaking, moments in 2000s anime.
* Kanata's ImageSong, "''Shiawase Negau Kanata kara''" ("Wishing for Your Happiness from [[PunnyName Kanata/the Other Side]]") also qualifies.