* [[http://fan.tcm.com/_Feed-the-Kitty/video/779975/66470.html Feed The Kitty]], a Warner Brothers animated short, has been known to reduce audiences to tears. Oddly, it was intended to be funny.
** That sequence was so famous (and effective in conveying real human emotion) that it was recreated shot for shot in ''WesternAnimation/MonstersInc'', only with Sully and Boo in place of Marc Anthony and Pussyfoot.
* Bugs Bunny's [[spoiler: DisneyDeath]] in "What's Opera, Doc?", maybe the only time in the series when AmusingInjuries is subverted.
** I wouldn't jump to conclusions. [[spoiler:Turns out it was a play format cause Bugs Bunny says this before the end..]]
-->[[spoiler: Bugs:What did you expect from a opera? A ''happy'' ending?]]
* There was one about a mutt falling in love with a sleek metal dog statue ("Ding Dong Doggie"). He had no idea that 'Daisy' wasn't real, and was completely gaga over her. At the cartoon's climax, however, her owners sell her to be melted down for scrap metal and reforged. The mutt takes off to save her, but ultimately fails and ends up left with the bomb her metal was used in. Completely wrecked, he cries "Daisy, what did they ''do'' to ya?" and gives her one last kiss -- causing the bomb to ''explode''. This being a Looney Tune, [[HeartwarmingMoments he survives and is even happily bouncing around at the end, thinking "She's still got it!"]].
* Sylvester's breakdown in "Birds Anonymous". MelBlanc even said it was his favorite cartoon to voices for, especially when it came to Sylvester.
* This line from the "Back In Action" movie, where we hear how Daffy feels about being in Bugs' shadow.
-->'''Daffy:''' What am I talkin' to you for? All you gotta do is munch on a carrot and people love ya.
* When Mel Blanc died, what did they write on his tombstone? "That's all, Folks".
** Also, the famous "Speechless" picture, with Bugs and the gang standing by a microphone with nobody beside it.
** There's also the Chuck Jones version with Bugs and friends standing around an empty artist's desk, and a Friz Freleng one with Yosemite Sam sadly riding away on his horse.
* From "Broom-stick Bunny"
-->'''Witch Hazel:''' (crying) You remind me of Paul.
-->''' Bugs:''' Paul?
--> '''Witch Hazel:''' My pet tarantula.
* A subtle one, but the short ''Moby Duck'' has Speedy spend the whole short trying to play nice with an [[TookALevelInJerkass exceptionally nasty]] Daffy when they are stranded on a desert island. When the latter refuses to share his new found supplies of canned food, Speedy plays keep away with a can opener until he negotiates. Daffy stubbornly refuses and goes through all sorts of hell to open the food himself, to the point Speedy just feels too sorry for him and gives it to him anyway, to which Daffy [[UngratefulBastard snatches the can opener and tells him to hit the road]]. LaserGuidedKarma comes through in the end, but that brief dejected look on Speedy reminds why he so rarely loses.