* It's practically IMPOSSIBLE not to cry in this series: its [[KillEmAll kill 'em all]] nature and extensive character development results in characters we have followed for hundreds of episodes, whom we have shared joys and sorrows with, to break our heart when they die.
* [[spoiler:The death of Kircheis.]] Even ''[[TheStoic Oberstein]]'' failed to keep his cool when it happened (in part maybe because it was indirectly his fault).
* The sad silence that falls following [[spoiler:Yang getting news of Jessica Eduards death.]]
* [[spoiler:Reinhard fulfills his dream: his sister is saved, he now commands the Neue Reich, and manages to be a great leader. But the only two people he wanted to share it with are dead and not talking to him. And of course Reinhard not dying under equally thrilling circumstances, but instead a mere ''disease''.]]
** Even his beginnings weren't awesome. Born to poor nobles, he saw Annerose as a mother figure all because his mother got run over by a high noble and said high noble's family refused to apologize, making his father Sebastian resort to alcohol. Fortunately, he earned a friend in Kircheis, only for his life to get worse thanks to Kaiser Friedrich IV offering money to Sebastian so that he can claim Annerose, and claim Annerose he did. Yeesh, [[TheWoobie it sucks to be Reinhard]].
* [[spoiler:Lt. Commander Jean Robert Lap clutching his fiances handkerchief as he lays dying an utterly avoidable death.]]
* [[spoiler:Schönkopf finally remembering the name of his daughter's mother as he dies looking down on his own carnage and the enemy soldiers cowering in front of him.]]
* [[spoiler:'''Admiral Bucock''': "A toast to democracy."]]
* [[spoiler:Yang doesn't die in a great battle, isn't outsmarted in tactics, or even ''killed by a named character''. He bleeds to death. Worse, he does so all alone, and flagellating himself for all the people he's known who died in battle.]]
** The reaction that everyone had at the news of [[spoiler:Yang's]] death was heart breaking. Frederica's reaction was surprisingly calm at first, until she finally had an emotional breakdown, screaming that she doesn't care is democracy dies or even if the entire galaxy get destroyed. She just wanted to live a peaceful life together with [[spoiler:Yang]], and now that one single thing is taken away from her forever.
* [[spoiler:So does Reuenthal, out of his own free will.]]
* [[spoiler:Mecklinger delivering the sad news of Kempf's demise to his family.]]
* [[BridgeBunny Frederica Greenhill's]] reaction at discovering that [[spoiler:her father was the leader of the military coup d'état on Heinessen]] was nothing less then [[HeroicBSOD complete disbelieve and shock]]. Until the final resolution of the [[spoiler:military coup]], every time that she appears on screen afterwards has her staring blankly at the floor instead of being her usual self. Then, upon being told that [[spoiler:her father committed suicide]], she immediately stated visibly trembling and had to excuse herself from the bridge and suffered an emotional breakdown in her own private quarters, crying as she have flashback of happier times that she enjoyed together with [[spoiler:her father]].