''[[Literature/LambTheGospelAccordingToBiff Lamb]]'', by Creator/ChristopherMoore. It's the brilliant, hilarious, thought-provoking story of the life of Jesus, as told by his degenerate best friend. [[ItWasHisSled You]] ''[[ItWasHisSled know]]'' what has to happen at the end. It will ''still'' break your heart.
* The scene where Joshua (Jesus) comes back to the monastery [[spoiler:after finding that the Yeti, whom he felt was the only being in the world that understood what being the only one of his kind felt like, had died in a cave-in, alone, and Joshua wasn't there to save him or even comfort him as he succumbed to death]]. This is one of the most heart-wrenching scenes in the entire book.
* "No more blood. No more blood. No more blood."
* The symbolism of the lamb/sacrifice and how [[ArcWords "lamb"]] shows up repeatedly. The scene with young Biff at the temple comes to mind, as does the apostles' celebration of Passover.
-->"Why are we having Passover with [a different sect of Judaism]?\\
"Because at their Passover, they don't kill a lamb."
* Biff's reaction to Judas's betrayal, especially considering that Josh didn't give Judas a choice in betraying him and Judas didn't really ''want to'' in the first place.
* Biff and Mary's plan and hope to save Joshua at the end, and how it didn't work out.
** [[spoiler:Biff's suicide out of grief over Joshua's death, '''especially''' since you know that Josh will get better but his best friend will miss the best part of the story.]]
** kind of Fridge but say you miraculously returned from the dead, going to your disciples and friends to let them know [[spoiler:...only to find out that your best friend committed suicide because he didn't know you'd be coming back from the dead.]]