[[quoteright:310: [[VideoGame/KirbySuperStar http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/King_Dedede_Not_Alone_1407.JPG]]]]
[[caption-width-right:310: [- "YouAreNotAlone, [[AntiVillain King Dedede...]] [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming and you'll never be.]]" -] ]]
For ''VideoGame/KirbyTripleDeluxe'' moments, see [[TearJerker/KirbyTripleDeluxe here]].
* The ending of ''VideoGame/KirbyAndTheAmazingMirror''. It's a HappyEnding, as in all the other Kirby games, since the BigBad Dark Mind has been defeated and the four Kirbys go home, but the ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl9f3TPJ4s0 music]]''...
* The ending to Revenge of the King in ''[[VideoGame/KirbySuperStar Kirby Super Star Ultra]]'' was an AlasPoorVillain moment for King Dedede. [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming Even after losing to Kirby, the Waddle Dees followed him. Dedede was still their king.]]
** Not to mention... [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome the awesomely]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29q0zFFDnI&feature=related somber rendition of Dedede's theme playing in the background.]]
*** And sticking with the Super Star series- in Revenge Of Meta Knight, after the heavily-damaged [[AirborneAircraftCarrier Halberd]] begins to crash and the [[DirtyCoward former]] [[SmugSnake captain]] [[ScrewThisImOuttaHere abandons ship]], Meta Knight tells the rest to leave for their own sake. But they refuse, saying they will try to [[NeverSayDie finish off]] Kirby and then [[TrueCompanions all escape together afterward]]. In the non-Japanese SNES version, Meta Knight thinks about it and agrees, [[UndyingLoyalty thanking them for their loyalty]].
-->'''Meta Knight:''' Hmm...it's dangerous, but it's worth a try. Thank you, guys.
** In the Japanese version and the DS/Virtual Console localization, however:
-->'''Meta Knight:''' ...you are all about to perish. Do as you please.
-->'''Meta Knight:''' [[AFatherToHisMen (...I'm sorry.)]]
** In ''[[VideoGame/KirbySuperStar Kirby Super Star Ultra]]'', you can play as Meta Knight. It's pretty hard to get a game over with him because of his strength and healing abilities, but if you do...he's got his back to you, the player. If you select "Quit", he doesn't even move as the hand lifts him and places him on the Moon, and he gives off this aura of shame and anger, that he was too weak. It's pretty guilt-inducing, especially if you're a MK fan.
* ''VideoGame/KirbysReturnToDreamLand'' - Landia's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ZHgU86eNw&feature=related battle theme]] already gives off the vibe of a battle [[spoiler: that shouldn't happen]], but just try to listen to it without context.
** It's even worse when you're fighting Metal General EX. As he busts out [[spoiler:HR-D3's second form]], this music plays. Metal General's job is to protect Egg Engines. This song gives a vibe that says he knows he'll eventually fall to Kirby, but he desperately won't give up until one of them goes down. And Kirby just won't die.
*** (Probably) even worse still, this song plays when you fight ''[[spoiler:Galacta Knight'']] in the first half of the battle. If you remember him, [[spoiler:he was the greatest warrior who ever lived until Meta Knight, who wished him back, kicked his ass- as well as Kirby who was en route to facing Marx Soul]]. With the way he fights, in which his battle style is lackluster compared to last time, his self-esteem has to be shattered by the time you fight him again [[spoiler:in the True Arena]], and considering the events that happened in ''[[VideoGame/KirbySuperStar Kirby Super Star Ultra]]'', ''he's probably out for blood.''
* The Bad Ending music from [[VideoGame/KirbysBlockBall Kirby's Block Ball]].
* ''VideoGame/KirbysDreamLand2'' has a Sad Ending if you did not collect all the Rainbow Drops. Although Kirby succeeds in defeating King Dedede,[[spoiler: there is no indication that [[BiggerBad Dark Matter]] has left the possessed Dedede, nor is he able to form the [[EleventhHourSuperPower Rainbow Sword]] without all the Rainbow Drops. With that, Parasol Kirby and his friends are shown [[GreyRainOfDepression walking back in the rain]] with very downbeat music playing throughout, ending with Kine looking to the sky and sensing that something is not right]].
* ''VideoGame/KirbyAndTheRainbowCurse'' has a quick but powerful one. After defeating Claycia, she falls to the floor, and as Kirby moves in to take a closer look, Elline appears and cries over her body. [[spoiler:Claycia comes to a few seconds later.]]
** Kirby doesn't look particularly happy when he finds his beloved apple has been drained of all its color in its opening.
* The GameOver screen for ''VideoGame/KirbyMassAttack''. Whilst the other Game Over screens in the series tend to be relatively tame, showing Kirby still alive and with a relatively upbeat ''"come on, just one more try!"'' feel to them, [[http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/pIi7efaJJGc/hqdefault.jpg this one]] pulls no punches. [[TotalPartyKill After all your Kirbies die]], the heroic heart fades away- and it cuts to a scene of one lone deceased Kirby (Complete with [[WingedSoulFliesOffAtDeath angel wings]] and [[UndeathlyPallor his usual bright colours faded to a dull grey]].) in a pitch-black void, floating motionlessly in a column of light with very [[SimpleScoreOfSadness forlorn, mournful]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kme8fdAX7Vg music]] playing.
** With the general light-hearted, positive tone of the other Game Over screens in the series, it's quite the PlayerPunch to see Kirby's broken and lifeless form just floating there, really driving in the sense that [[ItsAWonderfulFailure you've failed]].
* The ending of ''VideoGame/KirbyPlanetRobobot''. After destroying the final boss for good by drilling through it with his Robobot Armor, Kirby is unconscious and his own mech moves its arm to grab Kirby and throw him back to Pop Star, while it floats aimlessly in space and sheds tears. It sacrificed itself for the safety of its driver... Talk about a feels trip, don't you think?