[[quoteright:310: [[VideoGame/KirbySuperStar http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/King_Dedede_Not_Alone_1407.JPG]]]]
[[caption-width-right:310: [- "YouAreNotAlone, [[AntiVillain King Dedede...]] [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming and you'll never be.]]" -] ]]
For ''VideoGame/KirbyTripleDeluxe'' moments, see [[TearJerker/KirbyTripleDeluxe here]].
* The ending of ''VideoGame/KirbyAndTheAmazingMirror''. It's a HappyEnding, as in all the other Kirby games, since the BigBad Dark Mind has been defeated and the four Kirbys go home, but the ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl9f3TPJ4s0 music]]''...
* The ending to Revenge of the King in ''[[VideoGame/KirbySuperStar Kirby Super Star Ultra]]'' was an AlasPoorVillain moment for King Dedede. [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming Even after losing to Kirby, the Waddle Dees followed him. Dedede was still their king.]]
** Not to mention... [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome the awesomely]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29q0zFFDnI&feature=related somber rendition of Dedede's theme playing in the background.]]
*** And sticking with the Super Star series, in Revenge Of Meta Knight, after the former captain left the ship, Meta Knight tells the rest to leave. But they refuse, saying they will try to [[NeverSayDie finish off]] Kirby. In the non-Japanese SNES version, Meta Knight thinks about it and agrees, thanking them. In Japanese and the DS/Virtual Console localization, however:
-->'''Meta Knight:''' You are all about to perish. Do as you please.
-->'''Meta Knight:''' [[AFatherToHisMen (...I'm sorry.)]]
** In ''[[VideoGame/KirbySuperStar Kirby Super Star Ultra]]'', you can play as Meta Knight. It's pretty hard to get a game over with him because of his strength and healing abilities, but if you do...he's got his back to you, the player. If you select "Quit", he doesn't even move as the hand lifts him and places him on the moon, and he gives off this aura of shame and anger, that he was too weak. It's pretty guilt-inducing if you're a MK fan.
* ''VideoGame/KirbysReturnToDreamLand'' - Landia's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ZHgU86eNw&feature=related battle theme]] already gives off the vibe of a battle [[spoiler: that shouldn't happen]], but just try to listen to it without context.
** It's even worse when you're fighting Metal General EX. As he busts out [[spoiler:HR-D3's second form]], this music plays. Metal General's job is to protect Egg Engines. This song gives a vibe that says he knows he'll eventually fall to Kirby, but he desperately won't give up until one of them goes down. And Kirby just won't die.
*** (Probably) even worse still, this song plays when you fight ''[[spoiler:Galacta Knight'']] in the first half of the battle. If you remember him, [[spoiler:he was the greatest warrior who ever lived until Meta Knight, who wished him back, kicked his ass as well as Kirby who was en route to facing Marx Soul.]] With the way he fights, in which his battle style is lackluster compared to last time, his self-esteem has to be shattered by the time you fight him again [[spoiler:in the True Arena]], and considering the events that happened in ''[[VideoGame/KirbySuperStar Kirby Super Star Ultra]]'', ''he's probably out for blood...''
* The Bad Ending music from [[VideoGame/KirbysBlockBall Kirby's Block Ball]].
* ''VideoGame/KirbysDreamLand2'' has a Sad Ending if you did not collect all the Rainbow Drops. Although Kirby succeeds in defeating King Dedede,[[spoiler: he is not able to form the [[EleventhHourSuperPower Rainbow Sword]] without all the Rainbow Drops, nor is there any indication that [[BiggerBad Dark Matter]] has left the possessed Dedede. With that, Parasol Kirby and his friends are shown [[GreyRainOfDepression walking back in the rain]], with very downbeat music playing throughout]].
* ''VideoGame/Kirby64TheCrystalShards''. Take a guess. Well, that's wrong. See, Shiver Star's rumored to be a post-apocalyptic earth where only machines and mutant life exist. Humanity knew it was going to go extinct, it was doomed. So, instead of trying to stop their own demise, they took whatever life they could find and stuffed it into life support machines so that one day they could repopulate that world, even without humanity. The music for the factory levels is also pretty darned sad.
* ''VideoGame/KirbyAndTheRainbowCurse'' has a quick but powerful one. After defeating Claycia, she falls to the floor, and as Kirby moves in to take a closer look, Elline appears and cries over her body. [[spoiler:Claycia comes to a few seconds later.]]
** Kirby doesn't look particularly happy when he finds his beloved apple has been drained of all its color in its opening.