* Poor Kirie. After her illness she didn't hold any feeling to live anymore, and yet she saw Mikiya as her LivingEmotionalCrutch despite he never noticed her.
-->''"But I have a feeling that this person should be able to fly to anywhere he wants if he tries. That's why...I really wished that he could take me with him"''
* Kirie’s [[spoiler:suicide and FamousLastWords]]:
-->[[spoiler:''Since I’m weak, I cannot do as she said. That’s why I cannot overcome this temptation. The flash of light I felt when I was stabbed in the heart. The overwhelming torrent of death and the beat of life. I always thought I had nothing, but there is still that simple thing left in me. What’s there is death. This fear that sends a chill down my spine. I have to feel the most death I can to feel the happiness of life. For everything in my life I have ignored until now. But it probably would be impossible to die like I did that night. I probably cannot hope for such a striking end. That death pierced me like lightning, like a needle, like a sword. That’s why I will try to come as close to that as possible. I don’t have any idea right now but I still have a few days to think about it. And I’ve already decided on the method. I don’t think I even need to say this, but I think my end should be a long fall from a place overlooking the world.'']]
*** [[Creator/RieTanaka Rie Tanaka's]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yd21WdBQCk delivery of this line (beginning at about 6.15)]] is just...[[TearJerker gah.]]
* This line from Touko, after witnessing [[spoiler:the suicide]].
--->''“She had no reason to kill herself. She just wasn’t able to fly”''
!!Murder Speculation - Part 1
* Shiki's dillemma about her newfound love for Mikiya. Let's put it like this: Shiki and SHIKI like him, with this being the only other thing that SHIKI has known besides murder. As such, she feels that since he won't remove himself from her life, she'll remove herself from his, so she tries multiple times to distance herself from him, but Mikiya keeps going after her.
** SHIKI's sacrifice. After Shiki is run over by the car, he symbolically dies in her place, in order to allow her to live with Mikiya
!!Lingering Sense of Pain
* Fujino, [[spoiler:faced with death, in a calm and heartbreakingly sad voice, tells herself that she doesn't want to die. That it hurts (her sense of pain had been artificially removed since she was young) and that she wants to be here, love someone, and experience living. Normally, she would've been screwed either way since she's got a terminal disease]]. Good thing Shiki's BlueAndOrangeMorality has some sort of sense of pity or something.
* The fight between Tomoe's parents is pretty hard to watch.
* Tomoe remembering his childhood memories, crying as he realizes that he never truly understood the sacrifices his parents made for him. And the significance of the key. Oh, the key….
* The moment where Tomoe gives Mikiya his farewells and gives him Shiki’s key to her apartment. HarsherInHindsight when you remember Tomoe’s childhood memories about the key to his house.
--->''"Just take it. It’s you who needs to keep it safe from now on"''.
* [[SenselessSacrifice "How I wish]] [[HeroicSacrifice this spiral]] [[TitleDrop was a paradox."]]
* Tomoe’s FamousLastWords from the light novel
--->[[spoiler:''“My family didn’t deserve to die like they did. They weren’t so bad that they deserved to be killed! I’m not worthless. I existed! I’ve lived!”'']]
** Replacing the short but equally heartbreaking last words from the film
--->[[spoiler:''"I was here."'']]
* The [[WhatDoYouMeanItsNotSymbolic cafe scene]] near the end of movie 5, where [[spoiler: Shiki and Tomoe give their last farewells.]]
* Paradox Spiral's ending theme, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CVMEWHhFZc Sprinter]]'s lyrics are absotutely heart-breaking, give the [[SenselessSacrifice unnecessary]] yet unavoidable HeroicSacrifice.
-->"The only thing we can do is helplessly scream\\
That we're alive until we run out of strength.\\
Does it reach you?\\
Do I reach you?\\
Smash the sweetness of despair and start sprinting right now\\
To the end of the spiral..."
* Azaka reminiscing about the old neighbor of their childhood. His family had abandoned him and he was all alone, but young Mikiya befriended him and became his LivingEmotionalCrutch. The neighbor soon passed away of old age and even young Azaka was very depressed about it. Little Mikiya decided not to cry and hold back, much to Azaka’s concern.
* Satsuki Kurogiri´s [[spoiler:death in the light novel, at the hands of Ouji. AlasPoorVillain, indeed]].
!!Murder Speculation - Part 2
* Lio’s diary in particular, revealing that the MagnificentBastard was once an average teenager who went through a lot of hell after being rejected by Shiki, accidentally murdering someone and having his Origin awakened. A MonsterSobStory indeed.
* Shiki and Lio’s reactions towards Mikiya’s [[spoiler:supposed death]].
** Lio’s reaction in the light novel. [[spoiler:After stabbing Mikiya in a fit of rage, he calms down and has a huge SanitySlippage moment, reminiscing about his high school days with Mikiya all the while]]. It's sad, and it's twisted, and we see a human side to Lio that's almost always buried, a human side that Mikiya’s presence brought within him. Which makes it even more of a TearJerker when it's revealed by WordOfGod that Lio was a DeadpanSnarker with a FriendlessBackground...and you realize that Mikiya was probably the first real friend he'd ever had. Too bad the film made Lio more focused on Shiki and handled Mikiya’s [[spoiler:“death”]] quickly.
--->[[spoiler:''"...And so, the part of me that still holds the old Lio Shirazumi quiets and fades. I’m sorry, Kokuto. It looks like the part of me you believed in has now finally disappeared."'']]
** Shiki’s reaction. [[spoiler:She becomes stricken with despair as she clutches the knife that stabbed him and lets Lio attack her limbs. Despite the deadly assault, Shiki reflects on her loss believing that Lio had already done his worst by killing Mikiya, her LivingEmotionalCrutch. After reflecting and expressing her grief, Shiki suddenly gains her resolve, enters into a TranquilFury and slashes Lio in seconds.]]
--->[[spoiler: ''[[MyNameIsInigoMontoya "Thank you. But I'm sorry. I know that I'll lose everything. But still... but still... I can't forgive him for killing you."]]'']]
* Mikiya finding [[spoiler:Lio’s corpse]].
--->[[spoiler:''"I am sorry old friend. No matter what situation you had found yourself in, you did not deserve to die..."'']]
* After [[spoiler:killing Lio, Shiki collapses and realizes that she really doesn't have any reason to get up, since her LivingEmotionalCrutch is apparently dead. Then Mikiya then claws his way back to her as they both hug.]] Doubles as Heartwarming.
--->"But...[[spoiler:I'm a murderer.]]"