[[caption-width-right:350:Zim just left him.]]
* ''The Sad, Sad Tale of Chickenfoot'', where Chickenfoot talks about his past life with Dib where he was a normal man named Chewie Rodriguez until an accident occurred when the microwave was splashed with water while Chewie was wearing the suit and cooking chicken in a microwave, generating an explosion that "created an unholy fusion of man and chicken", causing him [[GoMadFromTheRevelation go insane]] and [[DespairEventHorizon live all alone]] in an apartment with assorted Chicky Licky toys that he calls his "[[CompanionCube friends]]".
* ''Bad, Bad, Rubber Piggy'' doubles as both horror and TearJerker worthy because of what Zim does to poor Dib by crippling him horribly by tossing rubber pigs into Dib's past through a time machine, replacing seemingly random objects in ways that cause Dib to have horrible accidents, progressively crippling Dib to the point that he almost dies.
** "WHYYYYYYY?!? MY PIGGIE!!! I LOVEDED YOU, PIGGIE!! I LOVEDED YOOOU!!!!"
* ''Bloatey's Pizza Hog'', Gaz yells at Dib for going off to fight Zim because she "just wants to go out to eat with dad." Considering the [[ParentalNeglect situation]], this certainly counts.
** Bloaty. The poor man is completely miserable, and its [[AlternateCharacterInterpretation possible]] we see him ''pass away'' at the end.
*** Although his situation is no less tearjerky, Rikki Simons confirms that Bloaty is alive.
* How could one forget the MASSIVE tearjerker in the episode "Abducted" where we see an adorable experiment in an isolated room of a spaceship, who hopes someone will rescue him... only to have ZIM [[KickTheDog nonchalantly leave]]? The poor creature is left to cry softly...
* The ending of ''Dib's Wonderful Life of Doom''. [[spoiler:Poor Dib. Just when things were starting to look better...]]
* "OH, GIR! GIIIIR! THEY'VE TURNED YOU INTO GROUND BEEF! HOW? WHY?????"
* Even though the squid brained cop is far too ridiculous a character to be taken seriously, his earlier mention of his family becomes rather harsh when you realize he doesn't even remember them anymore thanks to Zim.
* Dib and Gaz's whole family situation. Their dad is so busy, they only go out to eat together ONCE A YEAR. Which seems sort of funny... until you think about it.
** Though Dib seems to care far less than Gaz, interestingly enough. He was more than willing to miss out on that annual family outing without even a hint of regret.
* Dib finding out Dwicky's been lying to him in "Vindicated!" When you see how he joyfully and rather innocently reacts to someone extending a measure of kindness and tolerance towards him, it starts to kind of hit you just how ridiculously YOUNG the poor kid is, and when his "ally" is taken from him it becomes almost impossible not to see just how thankless and lonely a life he lives in trying to save his own people from extinction.
-->'''Dib''': You don't believe me! You... ''(builds towards rage, then regresses to pleading, and winds up just staring at the ground in defeat)'' I thought you were different.\\
'''Dwicky''': Look, I know you ''think'' I lied, and I--I did, but I was only trying to help.\\
'''Dib''' ''(bitter)'': Isn't this just great?! While you waste my time, Earth gets one step closer to being taken over! '''That's''' my problem right there! My '''problem''' is that the human race seems to '''want''' to be destroyed!
* The hints to Miss Bitters' past, if you think there's any truth to them. Think about it: the creepy HumanoidAbomination that terrifies her students on a daily basis was at some point a normal person with hopes and dreams who got mutated into her current state by a freak accident. Miss Bitters may be a monster, but if these stories are true, can you really blame her?
-->'''Miss Bitters''': I had a valentine once.
* The ending of "Gaz: Taster of Pork". Ok, Dib might have deserved some punishment for using Gaz as a test rat for his spell drive (even though he did not do it out of ill will), but not only tricking Dib into believing she was still in danger when she obviously was not but also forcing him to clean up Shadow-Hog dookie ''with his head'' while he's crying for forgiveness? Not to mention all the horrific (and very graphic) death threats and beatings that Dib took from her while he was trying to help her? No wonder Gaz has a bit of a BaseBreaker status.
** Well, there was also the horrible experiments that Membrane most likely did to her during her quarantine. It makes it worse knowing that her dad is the only person she has/shows any value for... and since it kind of was Dib's fault and she already has A LOT of disdain for him...
*** [[TheSociopath All]] [[KidsAreCruel things]] [[KickTheDog considered]], though, [[AssholeVictim she completely deserved it.]]
** Dib takeing the punishment of the Shadow-Hog to save his sister. He's genuinely crying at the end and feeling guilty...[[UngratefulBastard and yet Gaz ignores this completely and leaves him to his fate.]] Poor Dib, you need a good friend, and that excuse of a sister of yours needs [[NoHoldsBarredBeatdown an absolutely vicious beating]] or [[CruelAndUnusualDeath worse.]]
*** But alas, knowing [[SadistShow the series]] and that Gaz is currently Jhonen's favorite character, [[TheBadGuyWins that would most likely]] [[TearJerker never happen]] unless some miracle occurs.
* Despite everyone loving it, the show ended after just two seasons. Even though the team had a huge finale planned.
** Cry no longer, Zim is back, IN COMIC FORM
* The ending of Issue 2 can count, with [[spoiler: Dib secluding himself in his room once again in order to hide from ridicule after Zim transmits that embarrassing video to everyone in the galaxy. Dib being wrapped up in his blankets with bloodshot eyes and looking like he's about to break doesn't help.]]
** Also in this issue, [[spoiler: Gir has his legs blown off and is paralyzed, yet Zim and Dib both abandon him.]]
** Then there's also the possibility of [[spoiler: Zim being trapped on the Gargantis Array forever after Dib denied him a ride home, especially after Zim even referred to Earth specifically as his home. Though to be fair, Zim did have it coming.]]
* Issue 5. At first, Membrane appears to be keeping up with the streak of being a decent parent to his kids... until it's revealed that [[spoiler: he built that alternative world machine for Gaz ''with complete knowledge'' that she was going to use it to torture Dib.]]
** Taking a look at this issue from Dib's perspective makes the situation, while still the epitome of BlackComedy, heart wrenching. [[spoiler: Yes, Dib should have known by now that not only does Gaz have absolutely zero interest in his hobbies but is, in all accounts, [[TheSociopath an extremely abusive person]] with [[HairTriggerTemper an extremely short fuse]] [[EvilIsPetty if interrupted.]] Problem is..even if Dib acknowledges and accepts that he has ''absolutely no one'' outside of her or [[ParentalNeglect Membrane]] to turn to [[AllOfTheOtherReindeer given]] [[NoRespectGuy his]] [[TheUnfavorite circumstances]]. Apparently, he'll risk abandonment, ridicule, and horrific punishment trying to find support from his own family before trucking on completely alone.]]
** Gaz also makes herself out to be a bit of a hypocrite too. [[spoiler: She claims that Dib was selfish for trying to get her involved with his interests, but at the same time not only is she never willing to spare Dib any time but her obsession with video games is at such a vicious level that even Dib's obsession with the paranormal can't compete.]] And another thing, [[spoiler: even when Dib chooses (after the fact) to try and do things that she enjoys (which, she made crystal clear that she'd never do the same for him) she STILL finds some reason to hurt him (beating Dib up because he happen to win a game)]]. In conclusion, Jhonen was right about this issue making issue 2 look tame to Dib.