[[caption-width-right:347:This is far from being the only case of pathos in the pigeon dating games.]]
* Ryouta's ending
** On the Quarter to Three fora, user Angie Gallant plays and posts screencaps from various dating sims, including this one. [[http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=67529&page=15 Ryouta's path]] surprised her.
--> I have so many snarky things I could say about him returning to the sky and being a bird and all, but really. Definitely the most affecting ending I've gotten in a dating game, and it blows many regular games right out of the water. It made me care about a pigeon's emotional and mental state.
* Nageki's ending is both heartwarming and completely heartwrenching.
* The Bad Boys Love route. ''All of it.''
** Well, maybe not the parts that were purely horror or (in a completely out-of-place way) ''funny,'' but yeah, too much of it will get the tear ducts working.
** "Go on, Sakuya... [[spoiler: leave your liar brother, and go]]..."
*** [[spoiler: "[[PleaseWakeUp Yuuya!]] '''''YUUYA!!'''''"]]
** The final reveal of [[spoiler:who killed Hiyoko and how she died]] serves quite effectively as the DespairEventHorizon for at least one in-game character, and very nearly for Angie Gallant in the LetsPlay thread.
-->[[spoiler:NO GET AWAY FROM HIM]]
-->[[spoiler:I AM SHOUTING AT A FLASHBACK]]
-->[[spoiler:'''AND THEN HAPPINESS WAS OVER FOREVER''']]
-->[[spoiler:[[PlayerPunch I fucking hate that partridge.]]]]
* The fourth chapter of Holiday Star has a lot of these too with one of the major ones coming from the reveal of who [[spoiler: The King]] used to be and how he became what he is today. [[spoiler: The page image is a snippet of The King's tragic backstory.]]
--> [[spoiler: [[MadnessMantra "I want to die. I want to die. I want to die.]] But I don't have enough courage to do it myself. I don't want to feel pain. I don't want to feel suffering. Please somebody help me..."]]
--> [[spoiler: "No! Wait! I don't want to die! I never wanted to die in the first place! SocietyIsToBlame for making me feel this way! You said you would die together with me... Why did you betray me...?"]]
* In the First chapter of Holiday Star, it's revealed that [[CheerfulChild Miru and Kaku]] were [[spoiler: not supposed to exist at all, and were going to be killed if Ryuuji Kawara did not save them. After that, when he died, they were left abandoned again.]]
* The creator drew [[http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/798938558.jpg?1376211569 this]] bit of art, showing Ryuuji playing with his son in an inflatable pool while Isa looks on. Fridge Sorrow kicks in when you recall that years later, Ryouta doesn't know how to swim - his father was never around to teach him, and then he died. [[spoiler: In Holiday Star while he does seem to recognize Ryouta, the Migrant isn't interested and still favors "Isa".]]
* The entirety of the 12th chapter of the manga. [[spoiler: Aside from Hitori, who could arguably get a FateWorseThanDeath, ''everyone in it'' is DoomedByCanon.]]