[[Music/GodspeedYouBlackEmperor This post-rock band from Montreal]] [[TearJerker can really do some incredibly emotional songs]].
* “I said, ‘Kiss me, you are beautiful; these are truly the last days.’ You grabbed my hand and we fell into it. Like a daydream. Or a fever.” from “The Dead Flag Blues” is particularly heart-wrenching. This is, arguably, the most bleak and depressing piece of music ever written. The cheery bit and the end actually makes it ''worse''.
* “They don’t sleep any more on the beach” from the intro to “Sleep”. Just the man’s voice alone with nostalgia for the good old days is heartbreaking.
** To say nothing of the song itself. The entire second half of it is just so ethereal that it can make one tear up.
* “Love Song for 15 Ontario” by Godspeed side-project Set Fire to Flames manages to be heartbreaking with no vocals at all.
** The song was used on the soundtrack of the equally heartbreaking movie ''Tout est parfait'', that centers around a teen whose four closest friends all kill themselves, leaving him out of their pact...
* “Wanda” by another Godspeed side-project, A Silver Mt. Zion, is already somber enough... then you discover it was written in memory of Efrim Menuck’s dog, who died while he was away on tour.
* “Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven” features a beautiful build-up to a crash that feels like dawn... It can make one tear up every time.
* The end of “Storm” with the sampled speech.
* “Chart #3”, with its incredibly somber violin solo over which appears a sample of a preacher talking about dying and seeing the face of God, can be extremely depressing.
* It’s already mentioned on the heartwarming page, but “Antennas to Heaven” has been known to move people to tears of joy, between the sounds of children playing and the highly emotional instrumental passages that follow.