%%[[folder:Volume 1: Agatha Heterodyne and the Beetleburg Clank]]
[[folder:Volume 2: Agatha Heterodyne and the Airship City]]
* [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20031119 These]] [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20031121 two]] pages, as [[spoiler:Barry gives Agatha her locket]]. Made even worse by the fact that [[spoiler:Barry Heterodyne]], who freaks out even [[spoiler:Lucrezia Mongfish, the OTHER]], is crying. And that young Agatha seems to be just as intelligent as she should be, rationalizing Barry's statement of "it's science" to "Ah. You mean you'll explain when I have a sufficiently advanced background education." Necessary or not, what Barry did to Agatha was horrible.
* When Agatha [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20031210 stumbled onto Dr. Dimitri's teddy bear stash]], and he's begging her not to tell... "He doesn't know! It's my last secret! He's taken all the others, but not them! I've kept them safe!" Seeing the scars on his head, and then finding out that [[spoiler:Baron Wulfenbach has been lobotomizing Sparks to see how to deactivate them]] makes it particularly sad to this troper...
** What makes it even worse is imagining what would happen if Wulfenbach found out about the stuffed bears. No matter ''what'' Klaus' reaction would be (either to let him keep them or take them away) it would be heartrending.
** Gets worse in the novelization - when they're escaping Castle Wulfenbach, Krosp drags Agatha and Theo off to find him. When they do, Vapnoople reveals that the bears are supposed to be his new army, but though he still acts like a Spark, he isn't one anymore, and they're forced to leave without him.
*** Krosp calls Vapnoople ''Papa.'' And is clearly upset when he has to leave without him after promising to take him somewhere safe and says he'll return.
%%[[folder:Volume 3: Agatha Heterodyne and the Monster Engine]]
[[folder:Volume 4: Agatha Heterodyne and the Circus Of Dreams]]
* [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20050124 Gil's face in panel 4]] could make every MemeticBadass named on this wiki, Klaus included, cry. Even ''without'' context.
** It gets ''worse'' if you put it in perspective. Gil spent most of his life hoping for a girl who could understand his crazy Sparky ideas. He gets his wish in form of Agatha, spends only a couple of days bonding and falling in love with her and then all of this is ripped from him when she "dies". They weren't even so close, like Gil himself admits a few times, but the possibility of what they could have been is enough to send him down the spiral of depression for next two months.
[[folder:Volume 5: Agatha Heterodyne and the Clockwork Princess]]
* How about in "Agatha vs the Jägers"? Seeing a superhuman immortal hunter monster collapse into tears because he found the last scion of the family he loves and swore to obey, plus gets to go home? Their cause was literally hopeless...
-->'''[[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20051010 Ognian]]:''' Ve haff missed you! Please, please be ''real!''\\
'''Agatha:''' Shh. I... I ''am''.
[[folder:Volume 6: Agatha Heterodyne and the Golden Trilobite]]
* The [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060913 surprisingly poignant death scene]] of [[spoiler:Anevka Sturmvoraus]], who normally acted quite the Manipulative Bitch beforehand.
-->'''[[spoiler: Anveka]]''': I... I'm ''not'' [[spoiler: your sister?]]
-->'''Tarvek''': ... no.
-->'''[[spoiler: Anveka]]''': But then- what ''am'' I?
-->'''Tarvek''': ... a very good first try.
** The novels manage to make it worse. In the comics, Tarvek soldiers on with what he was doing. In the novel, he openly cries for a few minutes, before getting back to work.
* And then there's that of [[spoiler:[[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20061215 Lars]]]].
** "A Heterodyne girl... Heh. An ordinary guy like me... never had a chance..."
*** And the background went all [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20061216 grey and misty]]... sniff...
*** The novels give Agatha a line after that: "you were never just ordinary".
** It was worse when [[spoiler: Maxim gave his hat to Abner. [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070209 "So when you bury him, make sure he gots a hat."]] And then he gives him ''his''. Hats are [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20100521 serious, serious business]] among the Jaeger. It shows how much they admire the HeroicSacrifice.]]
[[folder:Volume 7: Agatha Heterodyne and the Voice of the Castle]]
* The reveal of why Carson's so sceptical of Agatha's claim: [[spoiler:"Klaus Barry Heterodyne". Agatha had an older brother she never knew about.]]
** [[spoiler:The Heterodyne Boy's reaction to the attack. Bill goes insane with grief at his son's death and his wife's disappearance, so insane even the Jaeger generals couldn't restrain him. And then, after several hours of private discussion, the Boys packed up what they could, left Mechanicsburg... and never came back.]]
%%[[folder:Volume 8: Agatha Heterodyne and the Chapel of Bones]]
%%[[folder:Volume 9: Agatha Heterodyne and the Heirs of the Storm]]
[[folder:Volume 10: Agatha Heterodyne and the Guardian Muse]]
* As [[spoiler:Higgs is cradling Zeetha's stabbed and presumably dying body]] the expression on his face [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20101018 must be seen to be believed (second to last panel).]] Not to mention Agatha's in the first panel.
** And let's remember this is [[spoiler: ''[[TheStoic Higgs]]'', who barely ever shows any emotion. B-bawwww.....]]
** And just [[spoiler:Zeetha herself]] on that page. [[spoiler:She]] is whimpering. [[spoiler:[[IAmXSonOfY Zeetha, Daughter of Chump]] and [[BoisterousBruiser Boisterous Bruisette Extraordinaire]]]] is ''WHIMPERING'' with the effort to breathe. That is sad all on its own.
%%[[folder:Volume 11: Agatha Heterodyne and the Hammerless Bell]]
[[folder:Volume 12: Agatha Heterodyne and the Siege of Mechanicsburg]]
* [[spoiler: Bangladesh Du Pree]] of all people [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20120118 breaking down and crying like a little girl]] over the death of [[spoiler: Klaus Wulfenbach]].
* The look on Klaus's face [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20121024 here.]] He ''hates'' what he's doing to Gil, but there's no choice...
[[folder:Volume 13: Agatha Heterodyne and the Sleeping City]]
* The little waspeater babies lost their mommy.
* Looking at Ruxala, the wasp eater wrangler on the crashed Vespiary Squad ship that Tarvek boards, bawling while clutching two dead wasp eaters and surrounded by several others.
* [[http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20130329 We could have kept him safe...]]
%%[[folder:Volume 1: Agatha Heterodyne and The Beast of the Rail]]
%%[[folder:Volume 2: Agatha Heterodyne and the City of Lightning]]
%%[[folder:Volume 3: Agatha Heterodyne and the Incorruptible Library]]
* It's brief, but [[spoiler:Prende looks absolutely devastated when it looks like Andronicus is going to abandon her in favor of his RoaringRampageOfRevenge. Thankfully, Agatha manages to convince him to take her with him.]]
* Dimo revealing that the Jägers used to discretly follow around the Heterodyne boys on their adventures. Barry eventually noticed and Bill ordered them to not follow them on their next adventure, basically because it's hard to make it as a hero when you're being protected by the minions of your notoriously evil ancestors. That adventure is the one during which they vanished.
-->'''Dimo:''' Ve should have been dere. Ve should haff gone vit dem.
** The next page dicusses the reason they were ordered to not follow, and has Dimo outright suggest Agatha she may want to let go of the Jägers at some point if she wants to be accepted as a heroic Heterodyne. Agatha's reply to this belongs both here and in HeartwarmingMoments.
* Tarvek has a meltdown when the Smoke Knight reveals they're going to take him back to his family. His attempts to fight the Knight off are desperate as they are unsuccessful, and he screams that he doesn't want to go back.
* The Master of Paris just looks so tired when he explains that the end of the Shining Coalition was not as simple as history tells it (with the Storm King getting lost in a hedge maze) but instead the rest of the coalition having to "put down" Andronicus, whom he describes as having become a "corrupted shell" by that time. It's brutal to see that very same [[TheGoodKing Andronicus,]] [[TheHeart hailed as the heart and soul of their Coalition]] [[FallenHero be turned into a wretched corrupted remnant of himself]], forcing his friends to fight him to preserve what he helped create. We see in flashback one of the Coalition members was sobbing and another had collapsed on the ground after the Storm King's defeat. [[spoiler: The realization that his friend was not buried but merely placed in stasis right under his nose doesn't help.]] The Master is also the last member of the Shining Coalition left alive and thus the only one left who could put an end to the monster that was once his close friend.
--> '''The Master of Paris''': May I be strong enough to ''finish'' this.
* [[spoiler:When Andronicus finally is killed, he dies believing that he's finally found Euphrosynia.]]
* [[spoiler: The Master of Paris saves his city one last time, only to die at the hands of a (literally) backstabbing traitor.]]
* Othar's Twitter, of all places, has one of the sweetest and saddest relationships ever.
* One of the final chapters of ''Agatha H. and the Clockwork Princess'' begins with a song called "The Heterodynes will Return". The first verse is cheerful, and hopeful, talking about how Bill and Barry will come back, bringing wonders with them, and Make Things Right Again. The second?
-->''But I think the Heterodynes -\\
they will return.\\
[[ExactWords They will come with fire and smokes]]\\
and machines a'blazing in the night.\\
They will stare at us from bloodspattered faces\\
They will pull us up and roughly exclaim\\
"We brought you years, but you've done nothing\\
and now the monsters are a'snapping at our heels!"''
* ''Agatha H. and the Voice of the Castle'' manages to make Carson's tale of the attack on Castle Heterodyne ''more'' depressing than it already was. At one point, the Jaegermonsters are mentioned to be ''crying''. Jaegers. Crying. The narration notes they don't cry when their Heterodyne cries. But the death of [[spoiler:Klaus Barry Heterodyne]] is enough to make them weep.
** [[spoiler:After arriving at the castle, and once he calms down enough to say ''anything'', Bill's reaction is harsh. He ''exiles'' the Jaeger generals, who don't even argue. They just nod and accept the judgement of their Heterodyne.]]