[[Music/FallOutBoy This pop-punk band]] [[TearJerker has a few depressing songs]].
* "Atavan Halen (7 Minutes in Heaven)" is about Wentz attempted suicide by overdose. Once you know what it's about, you will cry eventually.
* "What a Catch Donnie" became known as their official "goodbye" song when the band was on hiatus. It is an amazing tear jerker, particularly the following lines:
-->"They say the captain goes down with the ship\\
So when the world ends, will God go down with it?"
** Patrick would still shed some ManlyTears performing this during the Save Rock & Roll Tour.
** Even more of a tearjerker considering that Pete wrote it about Patrick.
* "Golden" is this to some people.
* "Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year".
* Then there are "I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth"
* And the whole end to "Donnie".
* The whole hiatus of 2009 to 2013 was pretty depressing for the most part.
** This [[http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/how-fall-out-boy-beat-the-odds-and-rose-again-20130418/ Rolling Stone article]] shows it was depressing for the band, too.
* "Thriller" oh dear god the emotion that occurs right after Jay-Z's part ends.
** Hell, the emotion that occurs during Jay-Z's part. "To the fans that held us down til everyone came around...WELCOME. IT'S HERE!" *CUE EPIC RIFF*
** THE WHOLE DAMN SONG, one of the few examples on here that's happy tearjerking. Alternately, just plain feels inducing.
* "Alone Together", while it's still somewhat cheerful, tends to be one.
* ''I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday.''
* "Miss Missing You" is another one.
--> ''Sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger, the person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger''
* During "Where Did The Party Go" in ''The Youngblood Chronicles'' videos, Patrick's expression when he realizes [[spoiler:he killed Joe]].