* J.R. going through his emotional turmoil after confirming [[spoiler:Jock Ewing]]'s death.
* [[spoiler:Bobby Ewing]]'s death, even if it did [[TropeCodifier codify]] [[spoiler:AllJustADream]].
** While everyone else had the usual emotions, J.R.'s expressions were priceless, and solidly in the "this can't be happening" range.
-->'''J.R.:''' Don't do this to me, [[spoiler:Bobby]]. Don't leave me.
** And him that night taking it out on Sue Ellen, who was out and about during [[spoiler:Bobby]]'s death and didn't find out until right then. [[MenDontCry J.R. spends the entirety of the Season 8/9 premiere trying not to break down]], [[ManlyTears only letting go when he's alone]] with [[spoiler:Bobby]]'s coffin right after his funeral.
** Also Pam blaming herself afterward.
* In 2012's "Revelations", J.R. to an unconscious and critically ill Bobby:
-->'''J.R.:''' Come on, wake up, you hear me? Wake up and you get better. And you keep fighting. You keep fighting me! Now I'm gonna tell you something you never heard me say before: I love you Bobby, and I don't know who I'd be without you.
* Bobby breaking down and crying after [[spoiler:J.R.]]'s funeral.
** Just [[spoiler:J.R.]]'s funeral in general.
* Pambecca miscarrying her twins. Cliff's move of ordering the explosion on the rig, even after finding out she was on there, definitely means he's crossed the MoralEventHorizon
* Six words: "I shot your father, John Ross."