* Michael listening to Donna explain to their kids that they have to take their brand new bikes back to the store can tug at one's heartstrings.
* Michael sees himself brush off his father carelessly - on their last meeting, no less. He's so miserable that he starts crying and (after being terrified by [[spoiler:the Angel of Death,]] Morty, he begs the remote to take him somewhere happy.
** Exactly ''how'' Michael did so deserves mentioning. When his father is trying to get him out of the office for a much-needed break, his trump card is to [[RunningGag show him how the Magic Quarter trick works]]... only for Michael to yell at him that he ''always'' knew how the coin trick worked, [[KickTheDog and to stop bugging him]]. Henry Winkler's disappointed "[[http://youtu.be/48hS20iPDUc#t=1m47s You've always known]]? ...I'm so sorry I barged in. I love you, son." is a true tearjerker, doubled in Michael's reaction at the time (literally ''nothing'', not even acknowledgment of his father), and the reaction of Remote-Michael.
*** After rewinding the scene a bit, Remote-Michael says goodbye to his dad.
** A subtle moment acts as the lead-in: after Morty tells him he wasn't there when his dad died, Michael quietly remarks [[IHatePastMe "Of course]] [[FutureMeScaresMe I wasn't..."]]
** Earlier in that scene, he sees Ben try and show him a design for a mall (a design Remote-Michael likes). After Michael brushes him off, Remote-Michael gets mad:
--->'''Michael''': Just... let me do my email.
--->'''Ben''': (disappointed) Yeah... yeah, you're right, dad-
--->'''Remote-Michael''': No, he's not right, (to Michael) you're a schmuck! ''Look at him!''
* Michael then fast-forwards to his son's wedding, an event that is also somewhat Tearjerking when he realises that he's missed most of his son growing up, and that he hardly knows his son's wife, and he's realized that he hardly even knows what to say in his speech.
* "I'll race you there, Dad." That line is directed at Donna's new husband, not Michael.
* When Michael wakes up in the hospital after a heart-attack, he's so horrified at his son's revelation that he's skipping out on his honeymoon for work that he chases him down even though he knowing it's killing him. He falls down and [[spoiler:dies in the rain, trying in vain to tell his ex-wife he loves her after living only 3 days of his life]]. It made some viewers blubber like babies.
-->'''Michael:''' [[spoiler:Family ... comes ... first. '''Promise me!'''\\
'''His son:''' I promise, Dad.]]
** The moment right before when he pretends to give his ex-wife's new husband the finger, then mimes that he's only joking, and instead changes it to a "You're OK" symbol.
*** The part of that scene that really hits me is when his son, newly married, puts his head down on the main character's chest, crying some truly gut-wrenching sobs.
** "Will you love me in the morning?" "Forever and ever, babe."