* Adam talking to the young boy with OCD [[spoiler: who killed his dad.]]
* Angell's death and Flack's reaction to it.
* The entire episode "Indelible". It was a Sept.11th 10th anniversary tribute, which should clue you in.
* The pilot, 'Blink', when Mac goes to Ground Zero.
* "Run Silent Run Deep", the scene where Danny breaks down in Mac's arms after his brother is beaten for wearing a wire.
* "Flash Pop", the lab techs' tribute/vigil for their colleague who was murdered at the beginning of the episode.
* Every bit of Mac's time with Claire in "Near Death". Just try watching that without a box of kleenex.
* The episode about sex trafficking. One of the victimized girls managed to get a postcard back to her father in the Ukraine begging for help, and he came to look for her. Unfortunately, he ran into the exact wrong person to show her picture and ended up stabbed to death to keep him from interfering. When the poor girl is rescued and brought to identify his body, she completely breaks down and can only cry and repeat "I love you, I'm safe".
* Two girls are in a car accident and one dies in the hospital, having been smothered in bed. Mac soon finds it was the mother of the other girl, angered over how her daughter was hurt. Mac has to break it to her that [[spoiler: because of mistaken identity on the scene, the heavily bandaged girl ''was'' the woman's daughter. She even whispered "mom?" seeing her mother with the murder weapon but the woman believed she was the friend calling for her own mother and then killed her with her daughter not understanding why this was happening.]] The woman's anguish when she realized the truth was heart-breaking.
* The last scene of "Command+P". Just...wow.
* "Battle Scars", when the motive and plan for the murder is revealed. [[spoiler:It was a tragic accident precipitated by the victim's insecurities and not realizing that even fake bullets can still kill.]]
* The third episode of the first season, American Dreamers. The kid was [[spoiler: obviously very talented; yet no one knows who he is, and worse no family comes to claim the body]]which means that despite the forensic drawing of the guy he either has no family, or his family doesn't want to claim him.
* What Klaus Braun[[spoiler:/Abraham Klein]] did to a jewish family in WWII in the flashbacks of the episode "Yahrzeit". He took a woman's broach that he later sold in his elderly man years and had teh entire family killed. After the War, he had to live as a [[Irony Jew]] for many years after the events. When he was found out, his son watches as his father is taken away and leaves. Counts as a tearjerker as the has no guilt for what crimes he did in the past, but now has guilt for lying to his family for all these yeas.