[[Music/BritneySpears This pop singer]] [[TearJerker has some rather emotional songs]].
* "Everytime". May be, in fact, the ultimate loss of love song ever.
-->''At night I pray''\\
''That soon your face''\\
''Will fade away''
* "He About To Lose Me".
--> ''I'm Touching hands with someone seriously beautiful''
* "Out From Under" is also very much a tearjerker, especially when you put it into the context of her recent divorce with Kevin Federline and all of the trouble she went through as a result of it.
-->"I don't wanna dream about\\
All the things that never were\\
And maybe I can live without\\
When I'm out from under\\
I don't wanna feel the pain\\
What good would it do me now?\\
I'll get it all figured out\\
When I'm out from under"
* "I Run Away"
---> ''maybe when time goes by, I'll understand''
* Where Are You Now.
-->''I can hear your voice, The ring of yesterday''\\
''It seems so close to me, But yet so far away''
* And "Shadow" in a similar way to "Where Are You Now"
---> ''You give a little, not a lot''
---> ''It could be love, until we kissed''
---> ''You're all I want, but not, like, this.''
* "Lucky". Just..."Lucky".
---> ''She's so lucky, she's a star''\\
''But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking''\\
''"If there's nothing missing in my life,''\\
''Then why do these tears come at night?"''
** Speaking of "Lucky", there's the video where we follow the famous actress through a day in her life and see that, despite all she has, she is truly empty. The video ends with the actress crying herself to sleep with the knowledge she has to get up the next day and do it all again. Even sadder now coupled with HarsherInHindsight.
* For The Record really gets her fans going.
* Her few ballad based TV performances break hearts. (Everytime, Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know)