* The Gold Dragon's massacre of the Ancient Dragons becomes more tragic when you learn they didn't use Galveria (which is stated to be the equivalent to a small Arc-en-Ciel blast) during the war because they knew it was better to keep the balance of power the same than risk the Mazoku getting the weapon and destroying the Shinzoku.
* Fate and Precia's interactions in the ''Shine'' arc are both heartwarming and heart-rending. Especially when you see that Fate's got a lot of mental hangups being around Precia and Precia's trying to make amends in a very awkward way. It gets more poignant at the end of ''Shine'' when Precia dies and passes her magical information onto Fate as a last act. The poor girl breaks down crying and tries to wake Precia up. When it becomes clear that she can't save Precia, she nearly has a breakdown if not for Arf being there to give her emotional support.
** To make the above worse, [[spoiler:Levi plans on reviving her to be as evil as she was [[EvilMatriarch in the beginning of the story]].]]
* Earlier in the ''Shine'' arc are [[spoiler:Megane and Lutecia's deaths and Zest's reaction that Lutecia was his daughter. This reveal [[DespairEventHorizon really]] [[BreakTheBadass broke him down]].]]
-->[[spoiler:Zest]]: What good is it? I can't protect my subordinates, I can't fight, I can't even...I can't even protect [[spoiler:my daughter]]...What '''GOOD''' am I!?
* Kyrie and Amitie Florian's past is one of the darkest things in this series.
* The Strikers Arc has [[spoiler:the FateWorseThanDeath that befalls Reinforce Eins at Levi's hands - [[RapeAsDrama raped]], [[MindRape completely mind-wiped and made into a monstrous killing machine]] that is forced to fight Hayate, and ultimately her body is essentially killed, leaving her perma-Unisoned with Hayate with no apparent consciousness or individuality. Essentially, she is dead, her power having become Hayate's. She does get better but that is at the end of the ''Numbers'' arc]].
* Little Rio's [[spoiler:out-of-left-field [[AnyoneCanDie execution]] at Gram's hands at the start of the Revolution Arc]].
Back to ''Fanfic/BloodThatFlows''.