* [[spoiler: The glass case containing the empty Robin suit]].
--->[[spoiler:'''Bruce:''' I will never forget Jason. He was a good soldier. He honored me. But the war goes on.]]
* [[spoiler:While watching Wayne Manor explode and burn, Alfred has a fatal stroke]].
--->[[spoiler:A jolt travels the length of Alfred's spine. "Of course", he thinks as his head goes light. "How utterly proper."]]
* And let's not forget [[spoiler:the Cub Scouts at the county fair]]. God...
** One of the few times Bruce doesn't respond with anger or stoiciness but looks genuinely sad.
* Superman [[spoiler:begging the Earth for his life after being nuked and blocked from the sun.]]
* Poor Gordon sees a woman fall from his burning apartment building, and for a fleeting moment he thinks it's his wife Sarah. [[spoiler: It's not. Jim ''barely'' gets his HeroicResolve after seeing this, firmly denying it's her, but doesn't reunite with Sarah for a couple of pages.]]
* The fact that Batman and Superman are to fight each other. Despite the epicness it is to see them fight, it's just as much of a TearJerker when its clear that neither of them wanted this to happen. When this first came out this was a very emotional scene to the readers as well.
* [[spoiler:Superman holding Batman's body in his arms.]]
-->[[spoiler:'''Superman:''' Don't ''touch'' him.]]
* Bruce's [[spoiler: funeral. To those who did not realize he was faking it]].
* "At least both sides match now, right? Look at me! And have your laugh..." Poor Harvey...