* The death of Bambi's mother. It traumatized ''a lot'' of little kids that saw that movie. Creator/StevenSpielberg even recalled in his childhood waking up in the middle of the night and going to his parents' room to check if they were both still alive.
* In ''Bambi 2'', Bambi's dream where he thought he saw his mother, ran up to nuzzle her, only to wake up and realize that he was nuzzling a rock.
* "Your mother...can't be with you anymore."
* "We made it, mother!"
* Arguably Bambi's DisneyDeath in the midquel. Yeah, no one in the audience is going to believe he is dead, but the [[PapaWolf Great Prince]] [[ManlyTears sure did]].
* After being told to leave with a surrogate mother, a heartbroken Bambi argues with his father for seemingly rejecting him, basically telling him he wishes he was dead. As he prepares to leave with the mother deer later however, he turns back and nuzzles his father one last time. The Great Prince remains still, but his despondent expression says it all.
* [[spoiler:"This is where I first met your mother."]] Keep in mind that up until this point, the Great Prince has pointedly refused to discuss Bambi's mother at any length...not out of concern for Bambi, but to spare himself what is obviously a great deal of pain. The effort it takes to say this one line is written all over his face, and it is ''heartwrenching.''