* The fact Theodore and especially Simon get overlooked.
* The episode "Cookie Chomper III" Oh God, easily the biggest tearjerker of the show. [[spoiler: An adorable stray kitten sneaks through a window into the house and the chipmunks adopt him. Dave even overcomes his allergy to cats and accepts the new pet. One night, the kitten wanders out through an open window in the chipmunks' bedroom and is hit by a car. Theodore is incredibly upset, Simon is too miserable to do anything, even Alvin is saddened by the whole thing, going as far as ''removing the live plants from the house so they don't die''.]]
* The Chipettes' origin story episode.
** Also when the Chipettes become Miss Miller's adoptive daughters.
* The Chipmunks meeting up with [[spoiler: Vinnie, their MissingMom]].
* The Chipettes singing "My Mother" . . . and this is ''before'' they were adopted.
* The baby penguin needing its mother badly.
* [[spoiler: Theodore]] getting bitten by and turning into a werewolf for the first time.
* The song the brothers sing when they don't know if they can save [[spoiler: Theodore.]]
-->''We don't know what you're going through\\
We just hope you're gonna be alright\\
Now tell us, tell us\\
What should we do?''
* Theodore getting bullied near the beginning of the film.
* When the transformed [[spoiler:Theodore]] has Eleanor cornered and it looks like he's about to attack her. He pauses when he sees the gift he gave her. When he does he backs away and runs off in shame when she recognizes him.
* Getting the feeling of being overlooked or a guardian or parental figure not giving the attention one hopes for. [[spoiler:Though in Lalu's case, she was taking care of baby Eleanor.]]
!!Live-action/CGI series of films with Jason Lee