%%[[caption-width-right:275:some caption text]]
It's been called "the [[UsefulNotes/RasputinTheMadMonk Rasputin]] of [[TabletopRPG RPGs]]."
It has literally hundreds of unique character concepts... and that's just going by base templates.
It's inspired by the fiction of Creator/JackVance.
Its tagline is "[[ScrewYouElves No Elves.]]"
!!This tabletop RPG provides examples of:
* AlternativeCalendar: Justified, as Archaeus has seven moons.
* AmazingTechnicolorPopulation: Cymrilians are green, Thiasians are purple, Farad are gray... and that's only some of the [[HumansByAnyOtherName basically human cultures]].
* AmazonBrigade: Danuvians.
* BizarreSexualDimorphism: Batreans, most notably. The males are hulking, slow-witted ogres; the females are [[GreenSkinnedSpaceBabe green-haired space babes]] with [[LoveIsInTheAir seductive pheromones]], and quite intelligent.
* ButtMonkey: Maruk, a whole city that functions as the setting's ButtMonkey.
* FiveRaces: Averted, for the most part. However, [[MassiveRaceSelection some of the races]] may fit into one or more categories or those of [[FantasyAxisOfEvil the trope's evil twin]]. (For example, Vajra and Yassan are Stouts, Cymrilians are High Men, Sawila and Manra are Fairies. And Rajans are Humanoid with Eldritch tendencies.)
* HeroicRROD: Vajra "[[UnstoppableRage Dark Fire]]."
* HumansByAnyOtherName: Although some of the races are [[AmbiguouslyHuman arguably very human]], the term "human" is never actually used.
* IntelligentGerbil: Jaka ([[CatGirl cat-people]]), Ferrans ([[YouDirtyRat rat-people]]), Aeriad, Gryphs, and Stryx ([[WingedHumanoid bird-people]]), and Saurans ([[LizardFolk lizard-people]]), among others.
* KnightTemplar: Aaman, as a nation.
* MultiArmedAndDangerous: Right off the bat? [[ProudWarriorRace Ahazu]] and Night Demons.
* NonActionGuy: Danuvian men, to the point that they are not included as a PC option in the standard rules.
* OurElvesAreBetter: [[TagLine What elves]]? However, our Ariane are more [[EnlightenedMysticRace enlightened and mystical]] than your elves could ever hope to be.
* OurOrcsAreDifferent: Although there are no races actually ''called'' "orcs," Kang are basically the Blizzard sort, only red. And [[EverythingsBetterWithDinosaurs they ride dinosaurs]]. And then there are the Ur, who act more like the Tolkien variety, but look more like the Blizzard variety (aside from averaging about seven and a half feet tall).
* PlanetOfHats: And how.
* ProudMerchantRace: Most notably, Farad and Kasmirans.
* ProudScholarRace: Sindarans are the stand-out example.
* ProudWarriorRace: Lots of 'em.
* RacialRemnant: The Xambrian wizard-hunters are a RacialRemnant of a culture that was wiped out by evil sorcerers. The few survivors' descendants spend their entire lives tracking down and executing the ever-reincarnating culprits, over and over again.
* SandIsWater: Carantheum.
* ShoutOut: Among others, to Creator/MarvelComics with the "Crimson Bands of Cyttorak" (and associated reference to the "[[Comicbook/DoctorStrange sorcerer supreme]]" who created the spell), and to StarWars with the "Tszarlak."
* UnstoppableRage: Several races have it as an option, but there's almost always a major catch.
* UpperClassTwit: This is the [[PlanetOfHats hat]] of the Hadjin.
* WeakWilled: Several races have below average willpower making them more susceptible to mundane temptation, bribery, torture, mind influencing magic and [[LoveIsInTheAir Batrean female pheromones]] (if male). The exact ''reasons'' for being weak willed vary considerably though - the Zandir are very romantic and hot blooded and find it difficult to control their passions, Ferran are cowardly kleptomaniacs and Danuvian men are pressured by their matriarchal warrioress dominated society to be docile and submissive.
(This is a stub. Feel free to expand on it.)