''A storytelling game of co-dependency, self-pity, despite, anger and alienation.''
All over the world people suffer from debilitating physical ailments. Legs bend at odd angles naturally. Faces swell and twist. Some are affected by chemicals in the atmosphere. Others by their parents genes. Then there are those who cannot be explained. Twisted humans who inspire revulsion in even the most accepting. They are known as Hunchbacks.
''Hunchback: The Lurching'' is a fan-made game for White Wolf's ''TabletopGame/NewWorldOfDarkness'' storytelling RPG. The game concerns the (mis)adventures of these [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin Hunchbacks]], who suffer from "The Curse," an affliction that twists their bodies into something inhuman.
The main goals for a Hunchback are [[TheIgor finding a master]], [[LoveHurts searching for love]] and dealing with [[AllOftheOtherReindeer being an ostracized freak]]. [[OurLawyersAdvisedThisTrope The game has no relation to real people with deformities.]]
The complete game is [[http://worldofdarkness.wikia.com/index.php?title=Hunchback:_The_Lurching available online,]] and even has a [[BigNameFan Mr Gone]]-designed [[http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/MiscNWOD/Hunchback1-Page_Editable.pdf character sheet.]] The author also put out some ideas for a companion game, ''Mad Scientist: The Experiment'', [[http://worldofdarkness.wikia.com/wiki/Mad_Scientist:_The_Experiment here]].
* BodyHorror - Normally, this title would be given to the hunchbacks, but the author made something even worse, called "Torsos", quadriplegic bodies who move either like a snake, an inchworm, or a four legged spider. Oh, and they can gnaw off limbs to make the limbs their own, and drain a body of spinal fluid. They love hunchbacks, because of their humps potency.
* CityOfAdventure - Pittsburgh since apparently Amerindian history of the area describes a giant "mound" in the area that was a source of great evil. It seems Hunchbacks are called to it.
* GratuitousFrench - Given in a game about hunchbacks.
* TheIgor - Even ''more'' given.
* TheTopicOfCancer: As a drinking game, take a shot when the lump is described as "Cancerous", "Malignant" or "Tumorous". Just don't blame me when you lose your liver.