''Star Wars Miniatures'', as the name suggests, was [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin a collectible miniatures game based on the]] ''StarWars'' [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin universe]], first produced by WizardsOfTheCoast in 2004 as a tie-in for the DVD releases of the original trilogy movies. It used many of the same mechanics as the ''TabletopGame/DungeonsAndDragons'' roleplaying and miniatures games. Really likes making people roll 20-sided dies, just like its sister game.
Characters were divided into various factions (Rebels, Imperials, Republic, Separatists, etc.), with characters choosing which faction to control characters from on their squad, although characters belonging to the Fringe "faction" could be added to any squad.
Although the game stopped production in mid-2010, it (like the StarWarsCustomizableCardGame before it) continues to have a dedicated player base, with numerous virtual sets in production.
[[http://www.bloomilk.com BlooMilk.com]] has everything you need to know about the game.
!!This game provides examples of:
* AwesomeYetPractical: The "[[EnsembleDarkhorse Boba Fett]], BountyHunter" miniature is considered by many to be one of the best in the game. Not only does he have the ability to OneHitKill enemy characters (a staple of many a sought-after character in ''a lot'' of collectible games), but he also has various abilities that [[LightningBruiser make him hard to kill himself while he zips around the board shooting away at enemy characters]].
** Generally, the more popular and iconic a character was, the more likely he/she was to have a particular figure that was powerful and useful in the metagame. [[SeriesMascot Darth Vader]] is another example, with most of his pieces being reasonably costed, useful for team support and/or powerful beatsticks in their own right to boot.
* AscendedMeme: Some figures have the passive ability to remove stealth from opposing units within 6 squares. Admiral Ackbar was the first figure with this ability, so it was named "It's a Trap!"
* GlassCannon: Pretty much any character with the Heavy Weapon ability and many of the "scout" type peices.
* LightningBruiser: The various incarnations of Boba Fett. Also, the two Rancor characters. One particular Darth Vader piece ("Lord Vader") was also like this, with the ability to move and attack 4 times in the same turn; however, he was also something of a GlassCannon.
* MightyGlacier: Heavy Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers with E-Web Blasters, and various other pieces. Especially the Colossal AT-AT, which could only move a small number of squares, and only on certain turns too, but had the most HP of any piece in the game.
* OffModel: Around the middle of the game's run, the sculpts and paint jobs became notably worse; compare [[http://www.bloomilk.com/i/Images/Characters/RS07HanSolo.jpg the first Han Solo]] (2004) to [[http://www.bloomilk.com/i/Images/Characters/AE08HanSoloInStormtrooperArmor.jpg Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor]] (2007).