* A famous ad run during a break of the 81st Annual Academy Awards shows Creator/TomCruise and Jimmy Kimmel escape from a burning house. Kimmel immediately says he hopes Cruise doesn't think he burned Cruise's house down as part of a plot to get him to do Kimmel's next show. Cruise sees through the denial and tricks Kimmel into going back into the house to rescue a nonexistent cat.
* Several tourism commercials for New Orleans and Florida reference the Gulf oil spill. One even insisted that "everything's normal" right after ''showing a bowl of shrimp''.
* From an Australian radio ad for a home redesign company with a running joke about the crew resembling Franchise/TheSmurfs:
-->'''Guy 1''': ...and the carport's clearly a winner. How'd you do it?\\
'''Guy 2''': Well, with my talent, my skill...\\
''[odd background noise]''\\
'''Guy 2''': Shush!\\
'''Guy 1''': What was that?\\
'''Guy 2''': It was ''not'' a team of Smurfs who helped me.
* Sainsbury's Still Table Water is [[http://i.imgur.com/pTAz8YJ.jpg "definitely not tap water".]]
* Commercials for Wendy's end with the tagline, "It's not fast food. It's Wendy's." They never say what Wendy's is if it's not fast food (which it is).
* Commercials for White Castle starting in 2012 claim they ''don't'' sell hamburgers, but actually sell "sliders". Right.
* Any time a commercial says "Real people, not actors", usually they are actors as if actors aren't real people.