* In ''FanFic/DreamingOfSunshine'' it's a running gag that Shikako is extreamly fond of explosives.
-->I nodded to myself and finished the tag I was drawing. Then stared at the huge pile that had materialised while I had been thinking.
-->"Got a little carried away?" Shikamaru asked dryly.
-->"Don't be silly," I said airily. "There's no such thing as too much explosives." Granted, explosive tags were usually fairly expensive and most ninja never used more than one or two per fight. But since I made my own, that didn't matter to me.
-->"Just what are you planning to blow up?" he asked. "Because I need to know when to make sure I have an alibi."
* Frequently happens to [[BunglingInventor Bungling Inventors]] [[TheSmartGuy Sherman]] and [[MadScientist Dr. Brainstorm]] in ''Fanfic/CalvinAndHobbesTheSeries''.
* In ''FanFic/PointOfSuccession'' when [[Manga/DeathNote Light and Matt]] invade [[BigBad Beyond Birthday's]] villain lair-as expected it's booby-trapped... with explosives. A ''lot'' of explosives.
* A New Dawn Short Story has Robin Garrett, a serial killer teen whose power involves touching things and alchemically creating bombs. He mostly uses this to take revenge on bullies, right wing politicians, and many others.
* Happens in ''Fanfic/MyLittleUnicorn'' to the point that every time something blows up, the author uses onomatopoeia like Kabloom and Bang.