* The first chapters of the game are a deliberate homage to ''Film/BlackHawkDown'', by the director's admission. They saw that movie and thought they could make a pretty good horror game out of it.
* Barry Burton's lines in ''The Mercenaries: Reunion'' are his old narmful lines from the original campy ''VideoGame/ResidentEvil'', as well as having "HERE'S Barry!" (to address ''[=RE1=]'' Jill's question of his whereabouts) and a melee attack called... Barry Sandwich.
* Wesker throws his shades at Chris before delivering a powerful series of attacks. This is a shot-for-shot recreation of an identical scene from the Mark Dacascos film ''Drive'', as seen [[https://youtu.be/1wyqKmE39BM?t=8m38s here]].
** It is also an homage to a super move used by K' in ''VideoGame/TheKingOfFighters'' series.
* [[spoiler:Jill]] resembling Fiona Belli from ''VideoGame/HauntingGround''.
** They also have two villains who share the same name...albeit spelled differently (Riccardo vs Ricardo) and with completely different motivations. One wants to gain eternal life by impregnating the main character, the other wants to make a lot of money.
* Chris' "Warrior" costume is a homage to ''Film/MadMax''. Complete with sawed-off shotgun!