* The first chapters of the game are a deliberate homage to ''Film/BlackHawkDown'', by the director's admission. They saw that movie and thought they could make a pretty good horror game out of it.
* Barry Burton's lines in ''The Mercenaries: Reunion'' are his old narmful lines from the original campy ''VideoGame/ResidentEvil'', as well as having "HERE'S Barry!" (to address ''[=RE1=]'' Jill's question of his whereabouts) and a melee attack called... Barry Sandwich.
* Wesker throws his shades at Chris before delivering a powerful series of attacks. This is a shot-for-shot recreation of an identical scene from the Mark Dacascos film ''Drive'', as seen [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dupBCdKLIAE#t=176s here]].
** It is also an homage to a super move used by K' in ''VideoGame/TheKingOfFighters'' series.
* [[spoiler:Jill]] resembling Fiona Belli from ''VideoGame/HauntingGround''.
* Chris' "Warrior" costume is a homage to ''Film/MadMax''. Complete with sawed-off shotgun!