''WitchesOfEastEnd'' is a 2013 fantasy series on the Lifetime Network based on the book of the same name by Melissa De La Cruz.
Joanna Beauchamp is your average middle-aged art teacher with two grown daughters, Ingrid and Freya. Except that there's a shapeshifter that looks exactly like her who's trying to ruin her life, her younger sister Wendy turns into a cat and apparently has nine lives, and Ingrid and Freya have died and been reborn multiple times over the past few centuries, and all four of them are secretly witches. After growing tired of constantly seeing her daughters be killed by their own magic, Joanna has decided to raise Ingrid and Freya without knowledge of their witchcraft to hopefully save them. But as the shapeshifter starts to target their whole family, Wendy convinces Joanna that they can't hide Ingrid and Freya's heritage from them any more...
* AbsoluteCleavage: Archibald's courtesan wears a dress cut to the navel, cementing his status as a satanist/occultist in the 19th century. The big ol' orgy he's throwing when we meet him helps, too.
* AmoralAttorney: Harrison is implied to be one.
* BettyAndVeronica: Freya has clean-cut doctor Dash and bad boy Killian. It's been stated that one is her soulmate and the other is her downfall.
* CainAndAbel: Dash and Killian
* ClearMyName: The shapeshifter manages to frame Joanna for the murder of a man by killing him in front of his wife while looking like Joanna. It's up to Joanna and Harrison to try to prove that Joanna didn't do it.
* CoffinContraband: Joanna is an immortal witch who needs to switch identities every few decades so people do not notice that she does not age. She fakes the death of her old identity and then moves to a new city to start fresh. When she moves back to a town where she used to live a century earlier, she digs up the empty grave and stores an emergency stash of money in the coffin. Later on she also uses the grave to store a cursed painting.
* Deadpan Snarker: Killian and Wendy. Freya and Joanna to a lesser extent.
* EnemiesList: Joanna is trying to compile hers, but there are a lot of people who've held grudges toward her over the centuries
* FaceHeelTurn: [[spoiler: 1906 Ingrid was well on her way to one, before being accidentally killed by Wendy. Being brought back to life by Athena completed the turn]]
* FlatEarthAtheist: Ingrid starts out as one, highly resistant to the idea that she's a witch (thanks to a spell her mom cast on her as a child), insisting that she's a rational skeptic. She gets better
* FoolishSiblingResponsibleSibling: Two generations of them: Wendy and Freya are foolish siblings, while Joanna and Ingrid are responsible ones
** However, Joanna and Wendy switch roles when it comes to [[spoiler: the portal key]], with Joanna wanting to keep it and Wendy wanting to destroy it
** Furthermore, Freya is much more reluctant to use her magic (which, considering how naive they are about it, is very responsible,) whereas Ingrid is shown to be more impulsive with magic, casting spells without warning or asking for help, and frequently having it backfire.
* IdenticalGrandson: In the first episode, Ingrid is seriously weirded out on finding a photo of one of her earlier, much earlier, incarnations. This is before we the audience know the truth, so we don't know what the hell's going on before the photo is destroyed.
* LoveMakesYouEvil: 1906 Ingrid was very nearly convinced to become evil by Archibald [[spoiler: but was accidentally killed by Wendy before she could fully become evil]]
* LoveTriangle: Freya finds herself in one between her fiance Dash and his younger brother Killian, whom she finds herself irresistibly attracted to much to her frustration and confusion.
* MysticalPregnancy: Joanna has been cursed to "eternal motherhood." What this means is that once both of her daughters inevitably die, she gets pregnant with Ingrid again, starting the process over. Her daughters die, and she's suddenly nine months pregnant again. Yowza.
* NoodleIncident: There are several mentions or brief flashes to past experiences of Joanna and her daughters which have as yet only vaguely been explained. For instance, one of Ingrid's previous deaths was apparently caused by Wendy (possibly related to the unlucky wedding dress that Freya finds and Wendy destroys in episode 5), and there's a sequence in episode 4 where Joanna pulls a flask, a gun, and a hammer out of a box, and then flashes back to the enemies she defeated using each of them without context as to who those people are
** "Potentia Noctis" reveals the circumstances of Ingrid's death and the wedding dress
* NorseMythology: Joanna and Wendy apparently come from [[spoiler: Asgard]], and Freya's name is a blatant ShoutOut. Also, Mike's previous book's title is "The Aesir of Midgard," so something is definitely going on.
* ObviouslyEvil: Joanna and Wendy's opinion of the cult leader Archibald. Unfortunately, Ingrid disagreed...
* OohMeAccentsSlipping: Occasionally, Joanna speaks with a British accent (her actress is British).
* OurGhostsAreDifferent: They can touch people who can see them (aka witches), they can affect electricity, and if they stick around on Earth for too long they'll remain stuck there
* PhantomZonePicture: One of Freya's ex-boyfriend from a past life is trapped in a painting. He escapes and tries to do the same to Freya, but is eventually trapped in another painting. And apparently he's not the only person the witches got rid of that way.
* TheReveal: [[spoiler: Penelope]] is revealed to have the distinctive scar that [[spoiler: Athena]] got from Joanna's knife
* RoaringRampageOfRevenge: The guy trapped in the painting in the first episode goes on one against Freya when he gets out
* ShamelessFanserviceGirl: Wendy often ends up naked, thanks to ShapeshiftingExcludesClothing. She doesn't mind. Neither does anyone else.
* ShirtlessScene: Freddie Prinze Jr. gets one in the fourth episode. Wendy spends a moment EatingTheEyeCandy before deciding that, no, she's not going to leave so soon.
* SpookyPainting. A guy in a painting suddenly starts to move. See Phantom Zone Picture above.
* WhatTheHellHero: Freya upon learning she's a witch gets royally pissed at her mom for trying to convince her she wasn't when she was a child, going to the extent of sending her to therapy. Wendy chews out Ingrid several times for biting off more than she can chew when it comes to magic. Joanna chews out Wendy for teaching Ingrid and Freya magic when she didn't want her to, and also for [[spoiler: casting a memory spell on the woman who had accused her of murder, making the woman go insane in the process]]
* WhatTheHellIsThatAccent: Julia Ormond unsuccessfully tries to strangle her native English accent as Joanna, leaving her with a very strange accent that shifts from one side of the Atlantic to the other. Justified in that she's several hundred years old and naturally would have had to learn to move with the times.
* WitchSpecies: Witchcraft is genetic. It is unclear whether or not witches are immortal or if Wendy and Joanna have been specifically cursed to be immortal: their immortality certainly works differently (Joanna is near-impossible to kill, whilst Wendy dies like anyone else, but comes to life a few hours after she dies). Ingrid and Freya die like anyone would, but almost as soon as they do Joanna gets pregnant with Ingrid and the cycle starts over
** Vague references as to Archibald's main goal imply that witches come from somewhere...else (possibly not on Earth)
** A passing comment by Joanna reveals that she and Wendy are from [[spoiler: Asgard]]