''Sirens'' is a British comedy/drama series focusing on the lives of three ambulance-men and a policewoman, and their roles in a rather truthful (but bleak) depiction of modern-day life.
Stars of the show are: Stuart Bayldon (Rhys Thomas), a NietzscheWannabe who has daddy issues; Ashley Greenwick ([[Series/GameOfThrones Richard Madden]]), a private promiscuous gay man who happens to be Stuart's best friend and co-worker; Rachid Mansaur (Kayvan Novak), the new guy who gets to learn valuable life lessons; and Sgt Maxine Fox (Amy Beth Hayes), who is desperate for a boyfriend. She is a very close friend to Stuart, and they're only "friends".
It's based on the book ''Blood, Sweat & Tea'' by Tom Reynolds, a nurse and former emergency medical technician for the London Ambulance Service.
Not to be confused with the American TV series of the same name that ran between 1993 and 1995 or the [[Series/SirensUS American remake]] airing on USA Network.
!!Contains the following tropes:
* BlackIsBiggerInBed: Discussed when Ash attempts to date Ryan. Things don't go so well because of it.
* ChangeTheUncomfortableSubject: Generally one every episode; whether it be abandonment issues, what type of blokes you're into or that you've developed a phobia.
* TheCynic: Many of the characters, but the grand prize goes to Stuart.
-->'''Maxine:''' You live for your porn and you loathe humanity.
-->'''Stuart:''' That's because humanity is loathsome.
* DeadpanSnarker: Pretty much everybody has their moments.
* DiggingYourselfDeeper: Stuart's attempt to explain why when he's so horny he can't be trusted with anybody but Maxine.
* DrivesLikeCrazy: Rachid is treated as such, but Stuart doesn't seem much better.
* DrJerk: Stuart.
* EmotionsVersusStoicism: A running theme, with the boys usually coming down on the side of stoicism and the therapist practically begging them to get in touch with their emotions.
* FiremenAreHot: ''"Women love firemen. Look at them, I can feel their wombs vibrating."''
* IncurableCoughOfDeath: Pitiably attempted by a school-boy trying to get out of Rugby. Unbelievably his mother is fooled by this.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Stuart is insufferably superior, a bit of a know-it-all, bossy, and largely selfish, but he also seems to truly enjoy helping people and he's willing to encourage [[LoveInterest Maxine's]] relationship with Craig (albeit with an eye on them breaking up soon) so she can stay calm and pass her tests.
* TheJinx: Fat Paul.
* KnightInSourArmor: Both Ash and Stuart show tendencies toward this; they seem fairly cynical and disillusioned, but they still dedicate their lives to helping others as paramedics. Rachid is (so far) a bit more optimistic.
* MDEnvy: Quite a bit of tension between the doctors and our trio.
* PlayingSick: See Above.
* PoliceBrutality: A blink-and-you-miss-it moment where Maxine knocks out a guy stealing from the back of an ambulance while "checking the time".
* ReallyGetsAround: Ash. Or at least it is implied. Oddly enough he is the only main character who never succeeds in any of his on-screen sexual conquests.
* TheSnarkKnight: ''Stuart''.
* StageWhisper: It's either this or our characters are very indiscreet. It's more likely it's the latter.
* StiffUpperLip: Even knowing the biological mechanisms behind stress, trauma, anxiety, and other effects of being an emergency worker, Stuart never stops trying to "beat" his emotions/body chemistry and suppress his natural responses. His levels of success vary.
* ThereAreNoTherapists: Averted, much to our characters' chagrin.
* WorkingWithTheEx: Ash and Ryan.